• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Beast!!

I've been meaning to start a blog since i signed up better late than never i guess.

I have a '99 reg 1.0l gx 3dr which i bought just to save money as the BMW 530d i was driving was costing me a fortune to run. I gave the micra the ironic nickname "The Beast" and it kinda stuck.

Anyway i ended up loving the car which i had always hated before this and started modifying :)
4ezageze.jpg

Thats how she started out.

Unfortunately i dnt have allot of pictures of everything as it was done but there is allot more to do so i'll make sure to take more pic with every future mod.

First mod was a short shift gear lever and black pool ball style gear knob.
Next was the fast road kit from matt humphries
- OMP front strut brace
- Whiteline lower front brace
- Whiteline adj. panhard rod
- Spax dampers
- hol 60mm lowering springs
Which left her sitting like this.
yrejypu9.jpg

Then i replaced all the front suspension bushes with polly bushes.
Then after a month or so driving with that setup front suspension started knocking :confused: took me a while to figure it out but eventually i was back on to matt who sorted me out with some nismo top mount bushes and stainless steel bearings.
I then bought some 14"x6" et35 bmw e30 "bottlecap" wheels which had already been sandblasted got centre machined to fit the micra hubs before getting them sprayed white and fitting 185/55-14 tyres
apy4yduz.jpg

Once they were fitted i had space behind the wheels for the sunny gti-r brakes that had been sitting in the hallway for months :p
But i then decided to strip and recondition the calipers before so ordered the new seals and a set of goodridge hoses from matt.
Also ordered a set off ebc yellowstuff pads.
Before
be6agyhe.jpg

Comparison
tysybypy.jpg

After
7adujydy.jpg

Then smoked side repeaters were fitted
su8yrype.jpg

I have also stripped out the rear of the car completely
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I forgot to mention this
usy4amup.jpg

I need to get the sill replaced.

I also have few bits waiting to fit.
A new front crossmember and sideskirts from a 200sx obviously they'll need some modifying :cool:
And a boot release cable but i need to get compatible boot catch before i can fit it.
And i've ordered a new set of wheels too
y8ume7uh.jpg

Yes straight from japland staggered fitment too
14x6.5 et19 and 14x7 et12
If my measurement are right should be nice fitment

Costin me €920 delivered to my door i still need sort out sort out proper ssr nuts which will prob cost me another €100

A woman reversed into the front of me yesterday wen i was leavin work yesterday :mad: i have to take a better look today but i think all she did was break the bumper which isn't too bad since it need replaced anyway but still annoying :(

Been a while since i updated this i never got the ssr wheels as the seller sold them somewhere other than yahoo before the auction finished :(
I have done a few more bits
4y5u6y9a.jpg

25mm Nismo front anti-roll bar
vy3yze9e.jpg

22mm Whiteline adjustable rear anti-roll bar with whitline links and steering wheel hub for the wheel i got from my brother.

Been a while since i updated this i never got the ssr wheels as the seller sold them somewhere other than yahoo before the auction finished :(
I have done a few more bits
4y5u6y9a.jpg

25mm Nismo front anti-roll bar
vy3yze9e.jpg

22mm Whiteline adjustable rear anti-roll bar with whitline links and steering wheel hub for the wheel i got from my brother.

How good that anti-roll bar work? Is it much more stable? Haven't seen any of those in micras at Finland. Is it on some sport models only?

How good that anti-roll bar work? Is it much more stable? Haven't seen any of those in micras at Finland. Is it on some sport models only?
i find them brilliant i have more grip than i have power to use at the moment as still haven't got hold of a 1.3 engine or internals. mine had smaller anti-roll bars as standard but i do remember reading somewhere on here that some of the lower models or older models didn't have them but i dnt know which model do or don't have them sorry. but i'm sure someone on here could tell you. :cool: Frank wud be my first try he seems to know all there is to know about k11s and a bit more too lol

I like where this is going :D
How much did the 60mm shocks and springs + Panhard rod set you back shipped to Ireland if you don't mind me asking?

I'm from Galway myself and will hopefully be buying a micra to get on the road in the next few months!

Back