Battery Holding Brackets

W

W4SIM

Hi

This may be a silly thing to ask, but has any 1 got a pic of a K10 battery in place?

I ask coz when i got my car the battery wasnt held down and has been moving about since. Sometimes its gone so far over towards the engine itself that its actually ended up resting on the clutch cable adjuster, which ment i cudnt get the car into gear.

Now i want to tie it down properly but theres only 1 sort of metal "prod" there with a 10mm nut on top of it an nothing else, so im sure theres a piece or 2 missing but not sure what or where to get 'em from. Any help in tying the battery down would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

There are two metal rods with hook shaped bits on the bottom, and a metal spreader that goes between the two. One rod runs up each side of the battery and the spreader goes across the top of the battery. It's not a great system (as in quite often doesn't work very well). Best bet is to get the bits from a scrapyard, won't cost anything.

I'm not sure, but there might be two different heights of rod for different batteries, as I've seen ones that aren't threaded low enough to tighten the bolts properly. This might just be because it's a funny battery, or maybe we're idiots and can't see what we are doing wrong.

Yeah cheers Andrew, i thought it would be something like that. However in mine theres only half of that present, and i mean quite LITERALLY HALF. Theres only 1 rod with the hook on the end and only HALF the spreader bit accross the top. Talk about being shoddy. But it was because that it was only half there i cudnt find where the other part would go. But now il suppose il have a look down the other side of the battery.

Cheers mate.

Mine didn't have anything when I got it :eek: 2 half inch wide ty-wraps sorted it out nicely, doesn't move at all now. Got the rod and bar malarky off a donor car but not got round to cleaning it up and fitting it. One of the bars on that is smaller than the other one by a fair amount thoug...

Back