Intermittent flat battery

I have an interment battery discharge problem .
The battery is being charged at 14.2V.
Yesterday started fine , did a 43 mile run, stopped for 4 hours, came back battery flat down to 8.8V.
This has happens several times over the last year so I suspected a dying battery and replaced it.
It has now happened twice with the new battery..
Any clues ?

Attach an ammeter to the battery to see what current is being drawn with nothing powered up. It should be hardly anything as only the wireless control for central locking, nats unit, clock and odometer(if face-lift model) is powered.
I'd check all your light connections as they can short to earth and cause issues. Also if you find that there is excessive current draw, then you can pull the fuses one at a time till it dissappears.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PDC95
Attach an ammeter to the battery to see what current is being drawn with nothing powered up. It should be hardly anything as only the wireless control for central locking, nats unit, clock and odometer(if face-lift model) is powered.
I'd check all your light connections as they can short to earth and cause issues. Also if you find that there is excessive current draw, then you can pull the fuses one at a time till it dissappears.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
Many thanks for the tips will be doing this tomorrow.