Battery Charge light question??

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Since the cold weather has come ,when I start the car it starts perfect from cold but the batt. charge light stays on the dash until I blip the throttle, then I get 14.4-14.6volts at the battery.I only drive the car once or twice a week,took it on a 50km spin last night to see would it charge but this morning its doing the same.
Would I be right in saying the battery is at fault?Its only a year old

Baz

Hey Baz, could you explain or even make a "how to" check alternator please?
Cheers

Seb

if you didnt blip the throttle would it stay on for longer? could just be the battery going down as these little ma engines take no turning over. is a cheap belt fitted?

if you didnt blip the throttle would it stay on for longer? could just be the battery going down as these little ma engines take no turning over. is a cheap belt fitted?

Yeah it stays on if I don't blip the throttle:glare:

Nissan belt fitted its a few years old but

Field windings have to be energised, its possible if it starts and its running slow rpm this has not happened yet. Its nothing to do with the battery, and if the alternator charges otherwise then that is fine too. It could be a sign of an alternator on its way out, but usually they then will stary not to charge so well.

Field windings have to be energised, its possible if it starts and its running slow rpm this has not happened yet. Its nothing to do with the battery, and if the alternator charges otherwise then that is fine too. It could be a sign of an alternator on its way out, but usually they then will stary not to charge so well.

Hmmm maybe get it reconditioned?

Back