K11 Maybe for sale

Hi All,

My mechanic got back to me this evening about my K11 blown head gasket & told me that he wouldn't be able to repair it, as it is too time consuming and I would have to go & see a professional at a garage instead. It’s a blow to me to be told that and I don’t want to get rid of it yet as it would be shame I was just starting to enjoy driving it. Does anyone know of a garage in the Croydon, London area that won’t be too expensive?

My K11 has only done 43,000 miles & I have bought spares for it already air filter, CV joints x2, thermostat, oil filter, NGK spark plugs and a pair of driver side door hinges. I bought it for only £650, I would like to try and get my car repaired but not having the money to do so will not be easy. I’m on a low income & work 2 jobs both casual, one is with the royal mail and the other is with a traffic management company, as a traffic marshal at sporting events and this company usually wants me early at those events at about 5.00am.

The weird thing is today I joined the easy car club for hiring cars from members of the public at cheap
prices per day or weekly.

Yours Yeowart0003 or Peter0003

P.S. If I do sell my K11 could I sell my spares to you ?

Bit of a blow there buddy, head gasket down here would probably be a couple hundred or less.
Loads of back street mechanics who would whip that off / on over 2 days I would think.
Just keep asking around and you will find someone who doesn't mind a bit of work.
You could try steel seal I think its called ....very, very good apparently.

Last edited:
Bit of a blow there buddy, head gasket down here would probably be a couple hundred or less.
Loads of back street mechanics who would whip that off / on over 2 days I would think.
Just keep asking around and you will find someone who doesn't mind a bit of work.

Hi davyboy, I was online last night and bought some steel seal via ebay, as well as found out how to apply it which is so simple just shake the bottle & pour into rad or expansion tank, go for five mile trip or idle engine upto highish tempture check allow to cool then check coolant level.

yeowart0003

I've been advised by a motor factor shop that they have sold 50+ of this stuff and never had a failure on it.
Although, I recently know someone who used it and it failed after a month, but, I found out she had not put anti freeze in, and did not check the water again after filling it !!!!!!
Lets hope it works for you buddy.

It's a really poor do when your mechanic won't do a headgasket on what is one of the simplest and easiest cars to work on that was ever built.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk