Dastek Unichip Group Buy - You Interested ?

solarice

Ex. Club Member
This at the moment is just a query to see how many people would be interested, in a unichip group buy.

Nothings been set in stone...i emailed dastek to find out a northeast dealer and decided out of curiosity to see if theyd be interested in a multi buy discount, while mentioning the MSC.

The reply : "how many people are in the group buy".

Thats now the question, i hope i can answer by posting this thread.

As of yet no figures on potential savings that the club, may get..as im waiting to see what response i get from this, before contacting them again.

So if your interested, make sure you post here :)

Kris.

Its a piggy back ecu.

The following is "borrowed" from the unichip site :)

Unichip is a state of the art piggy-back ECU (Engine Control Unit), designed to optimise the tuning of your petrol car in harmony with your existing ECU. Because every UNICHIP is live tuned to your vehicle, you can be sure you're geting the very most out of your car and any modifications you've made to it.

Using the up-to-the-minute tuning facilities of the UNICHIP we can guarantee to give you 100% of your engine's performance 100% of the time. What's more, using our unique modular design UNICHIP can control just about any performance modification you can think of,

Dastek Homepage <-- for more information.

Really sorry to bring another side into the equation but I would pick an E manage over dastek anyday. Reasons being E-manage does everything a dastek does and more. The software is available to the public and so your able to log and monitor details if you have a laptop etc. Basically the dastek is a fit and forget item, you cannot make changes unless you pay a garage to. With the Emanage your able to make alterations yourself (If you know how) and its also far easier if you ever wish to go turbo or change injectors or airflow meter. You have no hope doing this yourself with a dastek. As for price I have no idea how much the Dastek costs, but E-manage is about £300 + fitting, I have done loads of these now My ST has one James K11 turbo has one my mates GTIR had one etc.. I dont want to take away from Solarice, but I do want people to be aware of the options before comitting to a sale.

Ed

This is obv my opinion, however I know that ill never not want to change or alter something on my car, I also dont feel anyone knows my car better than me, so I would never choose something that gave me less options over something that gave me far more, or tried to take away options from me.

You need to look at what you want to achieve. Are you going to fit an airfilter and exhaust and leave it at that? If so then the one of payment of a dastek however much it is may be ok - being realistic however the gains will be tiny. HOWEVER should you want to do more it could soon become quite expensive, with remaps at ££ a time.

Given the choice I would still consider Emanage though. There isnt anything it cannot do on a micra, and I just feel its so more flexable.

E manage software is about £100 it includes the lead for the emanage which is specific and is not easily copied.

Ed

cheers Ed. and kris sorry to turn your thread into a discusion mate.

oh and i'm still in for this

:)

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 178
I PM'ed Kris to say sorry for hijacking his thread lol. I think he is just as interested in the Emanage now as the Dastek, he wasnt upset lol

Anyway im off for the evening, if anyone is interested in emanage or anything let me know.

Danstek was going to charge me £350 for the inichip to be wired into the harness of my k12 (vat on top of that) and if you want it plugged into the harness (so you can take it out easily) for my mini they are going to charge me £480 including vat.

Back