Air Con Poll.

Keep OR Chuck.

• Total voters

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Well, as the title says, I have air con in my micra, but I'm not sure if I want to keep it or remove it as I don't really use it.

Pros on removing it,

1. Makes the car lighter.
2. Can Sell It.

Cons on removing it,

1. Won't be cooled down on a hot summers day.
2. If I chose to sell the car won't be worth as much.

Is it easy to remove the Air Con?

Air con is a nice addition in the summer and unless your going down the extreme performance route, i wouldn't bother taking it out.

at the end of the day its a 1.4 so it can mange to lug the extra weight around! if it was a 1.0 i could see why you want to remove it, but really dont see the point removing it from a 1.4, unless you wanting 4-branch manifold...

at the end of the day its a 1.4 so it can mange to lug the extra weight around! if it was a 1.0 i could see why you want to remove it, but really dont see the point removing it from a 1.4, unless you wanting 4-branch manifold...

My thoughts exactly, it's going and it's also on the way. I'll put it all in a bag and tell you exactly how much it weighs.

I would keep it if you already have it. Its also useful on mild wet days (oh wait thats the the summer :laugh:) if you are as fussy as me about steamy windows!

it's also usefull for de-misting the windows on those cold mornings. to remove it all would be a complete mere as there's a different heater behind the dash. and you wont be able to sell it unless you sell your car's wiring loom as they are different for aircon.
keep it and just get a custom manifold if that's the reason you're removing it.

If it works keep it, if all the gas has leaked out then chuck it.

When you remove it make sure there are no environmental nuts around as the gas eats through the ozone lols

Hmmmm, so indesicive. I'm currently trying to remove my radiator but one of the bolts I can't get to because of the air con and it doing my nut it. Really want to get rid as it needs charging anyway. I don't think my haynes manual metions the air con neither.

Back