removing air-con

S

sappy

Can anyone give me a step by step guide on how i can remove the air-con system (pump, rad,pipes etc.. the lot) from my car..

my dads air con went in his car and its a lengthly process to fix/remove, its a professional removal job really because it needs to be disposed of properly think of it as 'Aspesdos'.

the gas never crossed my mind...

think ill see my local garage to do the job then as i really need to shed some weight of the car...

it all depends what gas the system uses in your car, if its R12 its a pro job as it needs to be recovered ( bad for environment, only bad for you if you are in a small space and release it as it dosnt contain oxygen and you can suffocate) if its R134a then its perfectly fine to do it yourself, no need to recover the gas as it is the same gas that is used in air horns, etc. R134a is the gas that basically replaced R12 after they put restrictions on the use of R12 and other refrigerants harmfull to the environment.
hope this helps,
Owen

Yeah im putting the micra on a strict diet also it'll take a little more strain of the engine..

worked a treat on my mr2 turbo so thought i would give it a go on the micra:grinning:

richmicratwista said:
u can have mine when i take it out

i'm also interested in your air-con, do micra's come stantard with the wireing loom for air-con, also what about the switch on the dash, mine's not even got a blanking plate where switch goes- would need to swop heater control unit????
i'm only down the road from you in chesterfield btw.

Back