Pictures of engine bay/alternator without air-con and pump

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Ok guys, I will hopefully be starting to remove my air-con tomorrow evening. I would really appreciate it if anyone could send me any pictures they have of the engine bay without air-con, particularly where the alternator is mounted (in the same place as my air-con pump, as the alternator is mounted high up) and where the belt pulleys are. I can see that there's a second idler pulley above the alternator, presumably I can just remove this when I put the new belt on and remount the alternator?

Any help would be appreciated. And if you live near me and fancy helping out, I can pay you with cups of tea, sandwiches, and various snacks (Y).

Pre-facelift k11 1.3 No aircon:

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

Sweet (Y). I know the blocks on the pre-facelift and facelift are exactly the same, so I'm hoping I can mount my alternator in the same place as yours. Is there a bracket holding it on at the bottom as well, or is it just the mount at the top?

Yeah, that's a good point actually. I can just fabricate my own bracket for the bottom anyway (Y)

There is another bracket at the bottom, it has 3 bolts into the block and 2 into the altenator.

Dan can you put up pictures of the setup you have please. I may swap you :)

There is another bracket at the bottom, it has 3 bolts into the block and 2 into the altenator.

Dan can you put up pictures of the setup you have please. I may swap you :)

I'll post pics up tomorrow. Only problem is that I would need to sort out remounting my alternator and fitting a new belt after I've removed my air-con, as I would be without a car until I can sort it out. I've got Will sending me the parts to remount my alternator, so presumably that includes the belt, both brackets, and all the nuts and bolts I need. I think a swap would be the sort of thing I'd have to do with both cars side by side :down:

Oh yeah i never thought about that lol

It's alright buddy. I'm sure I'll be able to it. Just a case of removing everything to do with the air-con, removing the alternator and fitting it in the same place as the air-con pump (using the bolts and brackets that Will sent me this morning), and putting the new belt on as well. I can make up more brackets if I need them, that's not an issue. I'm hoping I won't have to remove the bumper, because the bolts look a bit rusty. Then I'll be able to fit my 4-1 manifold (again grr). Fitting the rest of my engine parts as well, so should make a huge difference (Y)

heres them pics dude they were sent off yesterday! 2.5kgs from 2 brackets and bolts and a belt lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also an extra bolt may have worked its way into the bag by accident you will tell which its the smallest

Attachments

• 1309260675834.jpg
    1309260675834.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 1309260688093.jpg
    1309260688093.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 1309260872346.jpg
    1309260872346.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 1309260882323.jpg
    1309260882323.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 1309260945085.jpg
    1309260945085.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 1309260951515.jpg
    1309260951515.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 1309261135916.jpg
    1309261135916.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 205
heres them pics dude they were sent off yesterday! 2.5kgs from 2 brackets and bolts and a belt lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also an extra bolt may have worked its way into the bag by accident you will tell which its the smallest

Cheers buddy, just in the process of finding my axle stands and better jack so I can make a start. Hoping I can remove the air-con parts and remount the alternator by just taking the front bumper off, I don't want to have to remove the entire engine. But I am desperate to get this 4-1 manifold on :laugh:

Attachments

• 2011-06-26 13.42.18.jpg
    2011-06-26 13.42.18.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 275
ive taken the aircon out of my march to fit a 4 branch, hardest part is taking the old belt off as the tensioner is in an awkward position, but one thats out of the way its very easy to fit the non aircon alternator

ive taken the aircon out of my march to fit a 4 branch, hardest part is taking the old belt off as the tensioner is in an awkward position, but one thats out of the way its very easy to fit the non aircon alternator

You say "non aircon alternator", surely I can use the original alternator that came on the car, I won't need to change that as well will I?

i found it very hard to get the alternator out of the aircon bracket so i used everything off a normal micra but my march is 1993 so maybe thats why and youll need to extend one wire for the alternator atleast i did

sorry the alternators are exactly the same

i found it very hard to get the alternator out of the aircon bracket so i used everything off a normal micra but my march is 1993 so maybe thats why and youll need to extend one wire for the alternator atleast i did

sorry the alternators are exactly the same

So hopefully I should be alright using the alternator I already have, since mine is 1998 (facelift)? I've got no problems extending the wires, can just cut them and solder some extra wires in or whatever. I just don't want to have to shell out for another alternator, as mine was changed before I bought the car.

Aha, just seen the update on your post :laugh:. Well at least that's ok. Was getting a bit worried there. I'm just hoping I don't have to completely dismantle the front of my car to do all the work

if you alternator come out of the bracket then you'll have no problems maybe i was just unluckyfwnfwn

Well I would have thought it would come out okay since it's only 18 months old. Plus when I did try to fit my 4-1 manifold the first time, I tried to move the alternator back a bit, pivoting it on the bottom bracket/bolt, and it was moving pretty easy, so I think it'll be all good. We'll find out tomorrow once I've removed the aircon (Y)

Back