Adjusting Doors

Has anyone any tips on how to adjust the doors? Can you?
They need going up a bit :p
cheers.

there,s no adjustment on the A pillar mattjo (there,s a locating boss around one of the boltholes that prevents any adjustment)
i usually use a plank of wood under the door and lever from the sill (mind you dont chip the paint near the mirror tho :eek:)

When my doors dropped i changed the hinges for a good set from the breakers, what had happened was the hinge had worn from the friction of the door opening and closing. Tbh, i think iv got a spare set of good hinges if your interested send me a PM:)

can you use other hinges from different cars? as mine are real bad especially on drivers side for obvious reasons...

this seems to happen to a lot ok k11's particularly early reg 3 door variants, as was said a set of better quality hinges from a scrap yard is the cheapest, easiest way out :)

Im also having that issue on a K11 3 door, hinges off of what model would be "better quality" as you say?

the bottom door hinge/chassis mount can be slid along slightly to adjust the door resting angle to align the lock mechanism. i loosen the upper & lower hinge/chassis bracket, lift door at new angle, retighten then check fit

the bottom door hinge/chassis mount can be slid along slightly to adjust the door resting angle to align the lock mechanism. i loosen the upper & lower hinge/chassis bracket, lift door at new angle, retighten then check fit

i done this a few years back with my 1.o lx
i just thought theyr maybe a better fix like attending to the worn parts washers? have to take off and inspect for a proper fix
k10 doors was were they wanted to head for not these heavy brick doors??

Glad mines not the only one that does this then lol! Some good ideas on here, although mine isn't major so I'll see how it goes, nice to know theres info on here though!

the A pillars have got a locating boss that stops you adjusting the hinge btw, i always "reset" the doors by using a plank of wood against the sill :wasntme:

Back