Adjusting idle speed and gear linkage rattle...

Hi Guys,

I've been searching for a really useful guide someone did a while back on adjusting the idle speed - I know where the hex screw is but I seem to remember having to unplug something and mess about starting the engine or something?
Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also, my gear linkage has developed a nasty rattle under acceleration - seems to be coming from the gear stick end?
Anyone offer any thoughts / help on this?

Cheers :grinning:

aye, you disconnect the t/p/s (on the end of the throttle shaft) and blip the throttle a few times first.
and gearstick return spring maybe ?

I wrote a guide in diy section and in my blog bout how to configure the IAV and idle with datascan.
Post 908

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/35251-PollyMobiles-Rebuild/page19

If ya don't have a consult cable but the idle control valve operates fine
(fast idles when cold, slow idles when warm, fast idles when ur in gear with clutch down and above 5mph, drops down to base idle when ur below 5mph with warm engine and clutch down or in neutral)
but the idle revs seem high, then simply warm up the engine, blip at 3k to clear the throat, and adjust the TB allen screw to 750rpm

aye, you disconnect the t/p/s (on the end of the throttle shaft) and blip the throttle a few times first.
and gearstick return spring maybe ?

Gearstick return spring you say? - not familiar with it (never had that lot in pieces before), where does it live and how do we check it?

Back