998-1275 hybrid

I've read a few times that basically the 1.3 is a longer stroke version of the 1.0, I'm guessing that both the crank and rods are longer?

My question is, could you fit a 1.3 crank and retain the 1.0 pistons and rods?

the 1.3/1.4 rods are shorter eh, so 1.3 crank and rods in a 1.0 block and pistons gives 11.5 c/r 1275 :)

I read somewhere that the cga3 crank can be used with the cg13 rods and cg10 pistons to make a high compression 1311cc engine. Does anyone know are any other modifacations needed to make this work? Apart from cams

That was a dead interesting read, Frank.

Not to hijack the thread, but how well was the gain from doing that? I'm currently trying to figure out what direction to go in with my car and a solid high comp N/A screamer is sounding all the more tempting :D
it did a 15.4 sec 1/4 mile harlen, the same as the current 1275+t :)

Crikey, that's definitely not to be snuffed at :eek: Thanks for the info!
they are 2 very different animals tho, i did a quicker 1/4 mile when i short shifted on my 1st run (15.49 but with a slower half second reaction time :mad:)
so below 4k the +t is far quicker

they are 2 very different animals tho, i did a quicker 1/4 mile when i short shifted on my 1st run (15.49 but with a slower half second reaction time :mad:)
so below 4k the +t is far quicker
I can see why, I imagine the +t would have more grunt in lower revs. My target is 16s and maybe to break into 15s on the quarter mile, the standard car (lowered+15" wheels) ran 17.89, haha.

a bit more than 11.5 i think mate, and yes same rods, and less compression height on the CGA piston
I probably won't be as adventurous as you have with your build atleast not to begin with i'm thinkin cga3 crank and rods, ga15 throttle body, cg13 cams(or aftermarket ones if i can afford) and free flowing exhaust with my existing cg10 block and pistons. what about ecu? Will i need to change that too? Is there any other issues i need to consider? Also i was looking at jun flywheels will they work with my '99 cg10 engine and gearbox?

yours should have the normal 180mm f/w and clutch so yes jun or the alloy fidanza GA one, and the QG injectors and 60mm SR20 t/b really suited my stock ecu setup :)

Sounds good! Does it matter which of the QG engines the injectors come from or they all the same?
What car should i search for to find the fidanza GA f/w?
Any idea wat kinda power figures i shud expect with this setup?

the injectors are in that link i posted mate :) (red QG15/18, 211cc)
baguete has the fidanza (USA iirc) info on his blog, about 1/2 the price of a jun iirc
and mine was dyno,d @ 109hp

I didn notice in the build thread wat cams were you using? i would be quite happy with that power shud make for a pretty quick car once i gut and cage her! :)

autosprint 260/10mm inlet and piper (claimed 272)/9mm exh :)
the 101hp cube alpha CGA had a very mild exh cam, and i dont think the gains are worth an exh cam change personally

ok cool thanks for all the info time for me to start searching for parts :)
actually one more thing for now are cga component easy to come by in uk?
as i'm sure you know here in southern ireland we only ever got the cg10 there is a few cg13 imports knockin around but very scarce and i'm yet to hear of a cga3 over here although i havent looked too hard :p

they,re pretty rare, post 2000 CGA3 eh.
but you,ll get 100hp with a 1.3 crank, rods and cams, and some breathing mods (SR tb, bigger injectors, 40mm bore decat system etc) :)

Back