destroked high revver, the big plan

Hi all, i am looking to make a return to micra bodging in the near future, as im too precious with my starlet gt to go track slag on it. The big plan is a massive comp high rev stripped out screamer with itbs, :cool: so im formulating the big plan now. huge pile o questions coming so bear with me. first of all, i have a prefacelift 1.0 clutch and lightened flywheel, will they fit a prefacelift 1.3?
the plan is, buy prefacelift 1.3, fit 1.0 crank and rods with EBB style welded flat top pistons, a massive skim, port and polish, itbs, beefy injectors, 421 and finally my lightweight flywheel for screaming oversquare good times. are cg engine cranks interchangeable? anyone able to shed light on what the biggest obstacles would be on such a build ie valve float rpm and such? im theorising at this stage so any help and advice is appreciated :)

the master plan. cg10 rods crank n pistons, with a massive skim lol. I miss my little micras overbore revvy nature. starlet gt has massive torque n boost, but really isnt happy to be taken past about 6k without massive 'preza tdo4 powerband. how would you set a limiter to 10k, i seem to remember theres a fuel cut at 8500 ish? how much would 1.0 pistons and crank be., i have a starlet ct9 turbo and a cracked but usable manifold i could swap for some lol.

hang on lol, this would just give me a lower comp 1.0 engine wouldnt it? i may have made a mistake here. would it be more benificial to just use 1.0 pistons on 1.3 rods and crank?

my starlet is a beast as you found out on the way to simplyjap, but is also in pieces while i swap out its turbo and mani, and i love it too much to go forged huge boost and wreck its bottom end. i need a winter beater to beat on mercilessly.:D

yeah, realised that lol. so, gc10 flat top pistons, big skim, port an polish and some itbs. anyone shed some light on how one would set its limiter? would you be able to get it to run at all with the standard ecu, or will it have a tizzy without the MAF sensor. or could the MAF be put into one of the itbs, and some dodgey fpr shenanigans set up?

with stock cams ? 4 or 5mm i guess
and any CG f/w will fit any CG crank, but gearbox,s are different tho
does this mean the fly wont play ball with the starter, or just the clutch wont work. i thought it was only the ratios that were different in boxes of the same year

does this mean the fly wont play ball with the starter, or just the clutch wont work. i thought it was only the ratios that were different in boxes of the same year

starter and clutch arm chops, the prefacelift 1.0 f/w has a shallower dish (and only suits the smaller RS5F41 g/box)

damn lol, nothing ever goes as planned. anyone want a 1.0 preface flywheel?:rolleyes:
found my mad home made copper core ht leads from my last car, so theyll be going in haha. my local machining shop have offered me a skim and port job on my cylinder head for 75 if i drop it to them ready to work. no idea if thats a good price or not, anyone know?

Back