45-60mm lowering springs

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Can anybody tell me how easy it is to replace the rear springs? Is it just a matter of undoing afew bolts and they fall out,or do you need to use the spring compressers??

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
undo the rear shocks from the body of the car (access to them through the boot), undo the axle mount for the panhard rod, disconnect the brake lines so you can push the axle down easily (this is not always critical, sometimes you can get awya without it. But you really shouldnt stress the brake lines. Even though the chances of them failing after being stressed are extremily slim they're still your brakes and caution is advised when dealing with them I guess!

Then the springs should be easy to get out - you may need to slip some compressors onto the original springs i dunno i've never removed originals before. Remove, reinsert king springs with the tighter coils towards the top and make sure all the rubber insulator stuff is in place. Also make sure the springs are seated into the axle seat properly otherwise yo ucan end up with clunking/uneven ride height.

Its really easy. You have to take the wheels off btw, makes it a hell of a lot easier. I got away without rmeoving the drivers side wheel though. :p Took me just over 30 minutes to swap out the kings and apexi springs.

Back