4e-fte swap

Hi guys as seen on the forum back in 2009 I think someone posted a few pics of a yellow k10 with a glanza turbo swap, I have the chance to pick up an engine and box for cheap, but need info on the swap, have true google but nothing but the thread on here comes up, has anyone else looked into this and found any info, if so could you post links etc here please, cheers

Sent from my slutty secretary as I'm tied up in the fungeon

I doubt we'd be much help in giving info on the swap as it looks to be only done once.

Of course we'd be able to assist you with advice in areas you need.

Main thing id need help with is wiring in the loom and ecu and somehow make it work with the k10 clocks unless I find a way to fit the ep91 dash and clocks lol, by looking at it the engine is basically the same sort of swap as a cg13 drops straight in with mods to the drivers side mount, might have to try and run starlet hubs to use the gearbox with starlet wishbones as everything like that looks very similar lol

Yeh that's what I thought lol, as far as I'm aware I'm gonna need some sort of electronic fuel pump too lol but no idea what to use, a glands one in the Micra tank or an external one on the original one

Lol not gonna be easy to find one from a glanza haha but will be worth the hunt

This sounds like a wicked idea mate, if you're on about doing the engine conversion why not do the all wheel drive conversion too? If you go on the starlet owners club I'm sure there's a guide on how to do it and h701micra has already put a subaru drivetrain in a k10 so I don't see why this shouldn't work! Any way, good luck mate! Look forward to seeing the outcome!

To much work not enough skill tbh plus finding a 4wd box too is a nightmare, just gonna do it the easy way and keep it simple lol, may have to buy a stainless manifold with screamer pipe and straight through exhaust, plus may even upgrade to a TD04 and a custom inlet manifold too for a bit more power, will start collecting bits before the engine is ready to be taken out of my mates glanza but the main bits I need is the ecu and loom lol, not sure but I think I'll also need to get an immob defeat too if it has one lol, also to go off topic a bit I need a decent alarm that's a cat1 but isn't mega expensive lol, want to protect this build properly haha

To much work not enough skill tbh plus finding a 4wd box too is a nightmare, just gimme do it the easy way and keep it simple lol, may have to buy a stainless manifold with screamer pipe and straight through exhaust, plus may even upgrade to a TD04 and a custom inlet manifold too for a bit more power, will start collecting bits before the engine is ready to be taken out of my mates glanza but the main bits I need is the ecu and loom lol, not sure but I think I'll also need to get an immob defeat too if it has one lol, also to go off topic a bit I need a decent alarm that's a cat1 but isn't mega expensive lol, want to protect this build properly haha

I know someone selling a 4wd starlet and a crashed glanza if that helps

Lol would be nice if I had the cash now but because my mate isn't removing his engine for a few months it give me the time to save, ah forgot also got to buy wishbones an hubs haha

Should be a fairly simple job Jay. I'm sure we'll get you through it
Didnt realise you were considering the 4WD setup too?
Should be really easy to do. Normal transverse engine mounting and gearbox etc. The K10 Tunnel is alot wider at the front which gives the room for a transfer box, prop and exhaust side by side so their not draggin on the floor. Lost of space at the rear for a subframe and turrests already designed for a coil-over type suspension :D

Back