• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Engine swap k11

Hi guys I'm thinking about to do a engine swap on my micra and I want it to be like a drag car I'm thinking about maybe 1000hp but I want it four wheels drive how can I do this and what engine should I use and what drive line

Sorry for the bad English from Sweden here

I was thinking like a vr6 engine or something and then to a dsg gearbox and a mid diff like subarus four wheel drive could it work ???

Or maybe a SR20DE but then how much can I push that engine for before it blows up

Last edited:
Stop thinking about that much power and start thinking on your basic setup. I think he easiest way to have that much power and 4WD, as crazy as it sounds, would be to twin engine the thing. The other way to do it would be fitting a turboed engine in the front, and a subchassis in the rear like the Sunny GTI-R one, but better to have it custom made.

Both ways you'll have to do a lot of fabrication. Cutting the body, making a tube frame, probably widening the front to fit a bigger engine if you go to the single engine setup... Unless you've done that kind of work before, someone does it for you dirt cheap or you are loaded with money, I wouldn't aim that high. Just kick a SR20DE+T, wide front wheels and make it reliable and fast. Then start thinking about improving the thing chopping another shell to house the rear engine or fit the driveshaft, reinforce it and seam weld everything...

Sell the car and buy something else. Its way to much work to convert it to proper 4wd. And getting an engine to 1000hp isnt easy. If youre asking these kind of questions youre not the one to do it.

Stop thinking about that much power and start thinking on your basic setup. I think he easiest way to have that much power and 4WD, as crazy as it sounds, would be to twin engine the thing. The other way to do it would be fitting a turboed engine in the front, and a subchassis in the rear like the Sunny GTI-R one, but better to have it custom made.

Both ways you'll have to do a lot of fabrication. Cutting the body, making a tube frame, probably widening the front to fit a bigger engine if you go to the single engine setup... Unless you've done that kind of work before, someone does it for you dirt cheap or you are loaded with money, I wouldn't aim that high. Just kick a SR20DE+T, wide front wheels and make it reliable and fast. Then start thinking about improving the thing chopping another shell to house the rear engine or fit the driveshaft, reinforce it and seam weld everything...
But like let's say a vr6 maybe 500 horses should be possible or maybe atleast 300 but whatever 4 wheel drive is it possible say from engine to a dsg gearbox to a mid diff have anyone did it before becuse I'm thinking Fiat 500 Abarth they have 4 wheel drive and is it possible on that small car it should be on a micra too. And yeah I have modified cars before done it many times so now I'm just wondering if its gonna work so I don't buy a lot of things and it is impossible from the beginning

But like let's say a vr6 maybe 500 horses should be possible or maybe atleast 300 but whatever 4 wheel drive is it possible say from engine to a dsg gearbox to a mid diff have anyone did it before becuse I'm thinking Fiat 500 Abarth they have 4 wheel drive and is it possible on that small car it should be on a micra too. And yeah I have modified cars before done it many times so now I'm just wondering if its gonna work so I don't buy a lot of things and it is impossible from the beginning
I can't find the link, but there was a Swedish guy (I think he was Swedish) who bought an AWD AK11 March, then bought the rear subchassis and a front end cut of a Pulsar GTI-R. He swapped the engine all right (he had done another SR20DE+T before) and managed to fit the rear subchassis from the Pulsar, but he ended up selling the project and nobody has finished it, afaik.

I want to say that ofc, it's doable. However, it's a bumpy road. Also, take into account that he already had the tunnel for the transmission, and many hard points to attach the rear suspension to. You'd have to make a tubular frame in the back so you have enough strong points to mount a subchassis, probably cut and weld a new transmission tunnel and retro fit or custom make the rear subchassis to hold the diff, and a new rear suspension.

I don't think Abarth 595s had 4x4 transmissions, but people have fitted the Panda 4x4 ones as the chassis is basically the same. I think you should start by cleaning a Micra down to the bare shell, so you can take measurements of everything to start looking for 4x4 systems that cound fit within its limits.

TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT I'M NOT PROFESSIONAL NOR I HAVE EVER DONE **** LIKE THIS. I'VE JUST SPENT SO MUCH TIME ON FORUMS AND READING OTHER PEOPLE'S BUILD, SO IT'S OTHER PEOPLE'S EXPERIENCE THAT I'M SUMMING UP HERE.

There are some twin engine builds out there, you can check those to see if it's easier that way. Either way you're gona have to buildthe back from the ground, but you won't have to deal with the linkage between the front and the back, permanent AWD or different gear ratios. I'd just stick to RWD or FWD and huge grippy tires with a turboed engine.

I would say it's a good idea but 1000bhp wouldn't really be usable. Would the k11 even have enough weight to stick to the road

Imo 300 and awd would be a rocket
I've driven a golf r dsg and that was quick and the k11 weighs a fraction

I know this is not the place but they should have built an up!r with awd and dsg .. but I'm sure some German bloke has done it by now lol

Sent from my SM-F926B using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
I would say it's a good idea but 1000bhp wouldn't really be usable. Would the k11 even have enough weight to stick to the road

Imo 300 and awd would be a rocket
I've driven a golf r dsg and that was quick and the k11 weighs a fraction

I know this is not the place but they should have built an up!r with awd and dsg .. but I'm sure some German bloke has done it by now lol

Sent from my SM-F926B using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Is pretty close, although I think it's a manual...