ga16de swap info

CMF_granny

» CMF Member
hi guys i'm looking for some info and pics on a ga16 swap..... don't worry i have searched and got majority of the info i need from here and the micra sports club :D

but the one thing i can't seem to find is info and pics on using an electric water pump, i did read that it'd best to remove the pumps internals, how's best to do this and how/ where does the electric pump fit?

also to keep the cg13 gearbox and position of the starter will the ga14 f/w and clutch be man enough for the job?

i'm not looking at getting mad power from the car as it will be my daily

on another note i've not started yet just gathering the info first

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
dont know nothing about the electric waterpump conversion, wouldnt you be better off using the gearbox of your local version of our pulsar, longer legs, bigger clutch, bolts in, just needs custom driveshafts, im going to be sussing this conversion out when i get my stepdaughters n14 when it run out of rego

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
granny WROTE:

"so it's not the actual length of the shaft? can the splines be interchanged?

dunno tbh :) but dale on AOC had a GA14 almera that he turbo,d (then blew up lol) and when he fitted a GA16 engine and box to it he had to change the shafts too apparently

CMF_granny

» CMF Member
hmmm so in theory i could use the ga16 box and shafts but i'd either have to find a way of using the cg splines or swap over the hubs

Back