Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Zetec 2L Black Top

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Sdperkins
Well it looks like the engine swap is going to cost me more than I thought and a lot of changes to be made so recently I've been thinking of buying a MX5 and selling the Mirca...

I used a grinder, welder and a 12 and 14mm spanner
quick question for doing custom engine mounts do most people use mig ? I had a mig but sold it, I have a stick welder 130amps reading many fourms and if says it will burn holes,

pork

Club Member
Never used one so couldn't say really, not sure if you can turn power down

I've just got mig

Don't be discouraged buy what seems like a lot of work dude, these cars are surprisingly simple and there is tons of information all over this forum if u just read through some old build threads. I've been in the same situation as u for a while now, bored of the slow engine but not wanting to spend too much or take on too much work, I suppose the answer is too play with the engine u have currently, carb, exhaust, rebuild head, etc and maybe learn enough to take on something like a cg13 swap later, but if u do sell ur k10 then let me know! :p lol

Last edited:
I know it's said many times about mig vs stick welders, but am stuck with my stick welder I need to know if I can do engine mounts with using 1.6mm to 3mm rods or will I need mig ? @frank @h701micra

I know it's said many times about mig vs stick welders, but am stuck with my stick welder I need to know if I can do engine mounts with using 1.6mm to 3mm rods or will I need mig ? @frank @h701micra
Try creating your own thread for a start this is about engine swaps

Or better yet research into your welder