35mm Springs...... Cutting ---------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, thinking of cutting my 35mm springs (1 coil) off, would it destroy the feel? anything i should consider? is it recommended? as i have 14" nissan alloys on, hust want a low down look on my car..

Thanks in advance

J

J, if it,s the type that have the tightly bound coils on the ends, then you will still retain the correct spiral/shape to fit the seats.
but if they,re the equal spaced coils type, then the cut end wont sit in the seat properly fwn

do it!!! lol there's a thread from last wek about this. lol. big debate.
But i done mine a few weeks ago. They were 35mm originaly, then i took 2 off the front and 2 off the back, feels sooo much better!
deffo recomend it mate. :D

do it!!! lol there's a thread from last wek about this. lol. big debate.
But i done mine a few weeks ago. They were 35mm originaly, then i took 2 off the front and 2 off the back, feels sooo much better!
deffo recomend it mate. :D

have you got a pic of the finished product as this might be a better option for me rather than buying 50mm lowering springs as i am on a tight budget lol

id delete rhis before people start gtting aggressive to u about cutting springs alot of people disapprove of it. just a heads up

I'd cut them with a hacksaw though, more work but the angle grinder get's them too hot and they are more likely to snap.

Our argument was that cutting standard springs was wrong as the shape wouldn't be right, lowering springs are different. Then we started arguing about stiffness

the argument was brilliant so many good points! lol :D
I was never goin to cut springs, then I was watching overhaulin' one morning and foose chopped them , and that guys a legend in the car world. So if he does it i say its all good! lol.I had them cut that nite. :D
But yeh ill put sum pics up, you can get 2 fingers betweenn the arches after the cut.
I would recomend it mate. It handles amazing, bit bouncy, but thats a good feeling! lol :D

I'd have a look through the other thread instead of bringing up this discussion again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back