Cutting Car Springs? Information.

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
It is illegal to cut the springs, or will it mean it will not pass the MOT or anything like that. Can people help me out on whether I should get them cut or not because if it means that my car won't pass an MOT then I may think again.

Cheers - Will (Y)

It is illegal to cut the springs, or will it mean it will not pass the MOT or anything like that. Can people help me out on whether I should get them cut or not because if it means that my car won't pass an MOT then I may think again.

Cheers - Will (Y)

Will be doing the same soon, As far as i'm aware it is perfectly legal as long as it's "Safe" in the M.O.T inspectors eyes you will pass.
See what people say someone mentioned it a while ago too.

imo, they need to be fully secure/captive when extended, and seated correctly on the upper and lower platform (just like the stock ones, regardless of length or strength)

imo, they need to be fully secure/captive when extended, and seated correctly on the upper and lower platform (just like the stock ones, regardless of length or strength)

So what you are saying is as long as you do it well and they are secure then it will all be fine?

:laugh:aye man:laugh:
i just seen the age on the side their:laugh:wicked though
i was under the impression that they should be as frank states above

warning go on face book type in adam micra fowler look at my pics and look at the red micra result of chopping the springs fell out round a corner and rolled my car 4 time hospialised my self a wekk before my 18th birthday warning please don do this

warning go on face book type in adam micra fowler look at my pics and look at the red micra result of chopping the springs fell out round a corner and rolled my car 4 time hospialised my self a wekk before my 18th birthday warning please don do this

I'm sorry that you had an accident, and very glad there were no lasting injuries.
However I would like to ask, was there anything more than hope and luck holding your springs in?

Back