• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

1400 rally car shenanigans

12...10...close enough ;)
Had body roll, but not too much, just enough to allow weight transfer. Still not popping a rear wheel though
Up a spring rate then but saying that no point in being super stiff on a rally you need some give :)
Is rear wheel popping the next task then? :p

That we do.

We'll step it up a notch on yours next time you're about :)

Ok, need an engine (and an engine swap) asap... No idea if it will be done at yours or at the garage local to me, depends on time and what not :) will definitely be up before my next event, no idea when that is though, for setup shiz

Ok, need an engine (and an engine swap) asap... No idea if it will be done at yours or at the garage local to me, depends on time and what not :) will definitely be up before my next event, no idea when that is though, for setup shiz
Awesome
Break out the serious gear

At my work we have an industrial binder system, Besa Val is a cheap synthetic that can be brushed, but the best stuff for brushing is called Besa pol.

Hammerite would be fine though lol

Ok... Finally fitted a new steering rack to the car, sorted out the tracking, and I even treated it to new track rod ends!
Car is feeling lovely, steering is so nice and tight and the car is on top form.

Still looking for engines, I think I'll be going down the 1.3 bottom with 1.0 coilpack head. Essentially a 1.3 coilpack, will be done with BSR racings help (@h701micra).

IMAG0569.jpg

Silly big pictures.... My bad

Stripped the interior ready for painting and internal lines, to be done at BSR :)

Edit: The few wires and load of sound deadening I've removed has taken 10kg out.

Got the engine home and after an hour or so of stripped bolts got the cam cover off. Looks ok, not the cleanest but theres not much much 'gunge' in there :)
Was a cosy fit in the boot
IMAG0570.jpg
Awful Stripped threads
IMAG0580.jpg
Not too bad internally
IMAG0595.jpg

Anything obvious I should do to the engine whilst its sitting around?

Looks nice and clean :)

Get the head off and get porting - free power ;)

Yeah its not too bad :) Risk paid of in the end
Ohhh Porting would be good, buuutt....Technically the BTRDA RF1.4 is a standard class, so its not allowed. But most of them have probably had it done :p

Yep was worth the risk if you are doing RF then, do as Frank suggests. You can of course blue print the head i.e. open the ports up the biggest oem spec.

Skim would be good, may even try to track down a Nismo Headgasket for the extra 0.6mm.

Blue printing is awsome, I'll just have to see what my budget allows :)

Got the engine loaded up in the back of the car, ready for my visit to BSR in louth.
2015%2B-%2B1

Started removing the Silverstone Rally stickers and door number stickers, bloody paint has pulled of behind some of them....****ty Nissan paint.

Dropped the car of with Andy (@h701micra) at BSR Racing. Started stripping the interior and the front end before I left, but leaving it with him for the main chunk of work! Can't wait for the 1.4 powah

Secretly hoping when I pick it up it'll be RWD.

Attachments

• 1424905975970.jpg
    1424905975970.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 295
  • 1424905984320.jpg
    1424905984320.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 1424905997043.jpg
    1424905997043.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 292
Got the car back from Andy yesterday (BSR Racing) after the engine swap and internal pipes had been sorted as well as it generally being tidied up.

Awesome guy, very high standard of work. Also met Paul (PollyP) there who gave the car 'Pollys Approval) :p

Will post pictures later, phone won't let me...

Got the car back from Andy yesterday (BSR Racing) after the engine swap and internal pipes had been sorted as well as it generally being tidied up.

Awesome guy, very high standard of work. Also met Paul (PollyP) there who gave the car 'Pollys Approval) :p

Will post pictures later, phone won't let me...
Ah yes Bright Spark Racing Racing.

SO pictures from the swap...Excuse the size (Thats what she said).
Andy wondering why he has to work on K11's
IMAG0691.jpg

Putting Simons free labour to work at removing the original engine whilst I ate sandwiches, occasionally held a spanner and made coffee.
IMAG0692.jpg

Essential empty engine bay picture (Looked much cooler with the braided fuel pipes and copper brake lines but didnt get a good picture)
IMAG0693.jpg

Complusory sexy braided fuel lines

IMAG0745.jpg

Again, many many thanks to Andy at Bright Spark Racing for his awesome work.

Annoyingly I bought a camera and a new phone. Nothing special but the lens isn't scratched to high heaven so it takes an ok photo :)

Last edited:
This is the fourth time tapatalk has given me a notification for your last reply Alex
I like it but I don't need to see it that many times

Back