1.8 micra turbo, you all know the one :)

Original post I found after I bought the car a good few months ago:
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/1-8-litre-turbo-micra-officially-for-sale.26813/

So I thought I would start my own thread for the old girl she is now in safe hands and good things are coming her way :)
She has now been totally stripped, engine, interior, electrics the works. Work has started on the bodywork which is not to bad but it needs doing which will mean a full respray. Engine is in great condition runs sweet as nut, but it will get a good overall. I will keep you all posted throughout the restoration. Not much more to say at mo so I'll leave you with a few pics of work in progress

5ec14954-45c1-8f31.jpg

5ec14954-45dd-9843.jpg

5ec14954-45f3-f4c7.jpg

5ec14954-4610-6938.jpg

5ec14954-4624-8f25.jpg

5ec14954-4635-20da.jpg

5ec14954-464b-3823.jpg

5ec14954-466d-c1b8.jpg

5ec14954-468b-a6d0.jpg

5ec14954-469d-fd4a.jpg

Hi

I will definietly be watching this closely I can't wait to see it finished.

Godd luck and keep me well posted, glad to see she is at a good home.

Thanks

Paul

Long day rubbing down not far off done, a couple more hours should see that job done. So should see a start on engine tomorrow if all goes well. Still a long road a head so I'll keep you all updated.

I'm also after some side skirts for her if anyone has any lying around they want to sell/donate ;)

More or less all masked up now should have base coat on tomorrow. Hopefully she should all be painted early next week

Thanks for the comment, it was pretty easy really just time consuming :)

Just how did you go about prepping the car for the matt black paint? What primer did you use? And was it with cans or a gun? Cheers : )

EDIT: And how will you "protect" the finish on the car over time, as it will have no lacquer on it (Or did you go with a clearcoat?

Just how did you go about prepping the car for the matt black paint? What primer did you use? And was it with cans or a gun? Cheers : )

EDIT: And how will you "protect" the finish on the car over time, as it will have no lacquer on it (Or did you go with a clearcoat?
It will be having a Matt clear coat, keeps the matt look and protects. Car was spayed with guns, car was stripped bare and sanded back most of the sanding was done by hand

i just want to ask what is the 1.8 turbo lump out of and did you have to do anything to the chassis rails cause they look a little weak for the torque on take off will it twist or does it need strengthening ?

Back