1.6 conversion?

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
ive been offered a sunny coupe 1.6 engine and was thinking of sticking it in the micra has anyone done this before if so is it likely to be hard fwn

it got roughly 100hp it not much heavier thn an ma series and being old carbed no messing around with looms

I think bobp16 was quite close to fitting a 1.6, check around on the search and norrow the search to k10 section

ga161stshotin.jpg

new driver side mount, shafts, drilled front crossmember with support added, support cross member fits back mounts but drill front cross member to hold it

only picture i have at the moment though, and i now have the sr20 in instead, which is pretty much the same work

ga161stshotin.jpg

new driver side mount, shafts, drilled front crossmember with support added, support cross member fits back mounts but drill front cross member to hold it

only picture i have at the moment though, and i now have the sr20 in instead, which is pretty much the same work

that appears to me to sit very low down?

gearbox side isnt in its mounts by the look of it, but thats the only pic i have online as i lost all my pics due to hd failure

shows it fits though :)

ive been offered a sunny coupe 1.6 engine and was thinking of sticking it in the micra has anyone done this before if so is it likely to be hard fwn

it got roughly 100hp it not much heavier thn an ma series and being old carbed no messing around with looms

if its the older sunny then it should be rather easy, there are lots of similarities between the k10 micra and the n13 sunny carbs are interchangable for a start, the gearbox mount wont fit i know that for a fact but it sould be a pretty easy job if you can fab your own ebgine mounts.

the cherry turbo lump has been put in a few k10's and the layout of that is similar to the older sunnys.

bottom line is that type of engine hasnt been done by anyone i know so give it a go. the only 1.6 conversion i remeber was the one bob did and that was a primera/almera 1.6 lump so totally differnet to the one your trying.

Back