Nats maybe

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
A little help or advice maybe the 1.6 micra I took on is now well and truely down the pan so its been decided to put back the 1.3 easier said than done as ive had to sorce gearbox and drive shafts in fact all i had of original car is the engine no starter , alternater or even looms, That is where the question of nats comes in, The only micra i have available to dismantle for parts is a N reg 1.3 sr good starting point as it has all the parts i need, now ive had a quick check around ignition barrel and there was no pick up ring so good starting point again but thats not to say it hasnt got the aftermarket nats system as fitted to the m reg micra my wife drives. which in a long winded way brings me to my question I need to use the looms from this to rebuild the SI maybe even the ecu if it has got the aftermarket type nats system as fitted to early micras how hard are these to overcome do they simply unplug and all is fine, now I know this maybe asking for trouble putting a reply to that question in a public place so maybe a pm would be better as i dont want someones car been nicked but i do need the advice as im stripping it out on tuesday and would like to know if possible before i go to all that trouble cheers and thanx for reading.

nats isn't in the engine, if you've got the original loom, ecu and all the gubbins, then it should work.

i know its not in the engine doh! i was refering to the plug in aftermarket type that was fitted to early micra,s

i know its not in the engine doh! i was refering to the plug in aftermarket type that was fitted to early micra,s

i'd try and source a loom from a '98-'00 micra if you haven't got one, or you'll run into problems with the speedo sensor and possibly a few other things.

aint got a speedo sensor as there was no gearbox and the like im turning back the clock and going with mechanical speedo,

Back