1.3 whinning noise

Hi, everybody, i'm a long time follower of the forum and this is my first post, and i can't find the answer that i'm looking for, so here i go.

A time ago, my Super S had starting to make like a CV joint noise rattle, and after a long time, now seems like a tractor noise, i decided to change the CV joint myself two weeks ago.

The problem is, that still making the same noise, like clack clack clack every time i accelerate, and it starts to make some noise too when idling when the clutch isn't pressed.

I thought about the diff, or maybe the gearbox, because when we got off the axle, the transmission fluid bottom plug was too hard to come off even with a pneumatic wrench, and needed some fluid, now it leaks, though.

Can anybody please help me?

If you want me to upload a video or youtube or something, just let me know.

Thanks in advance!

The clutch noise is probably the release bearing, might as well swap clutch while your at it. The clack clack if happens when going straight could be the inner CV joint.

Ok, i'll take a look at the inner cv and see what happens in there, if still making the same noise, will be the bearing, then.
Thank you Infinity!

allrighty then, i just discovered that when i'm on 5th or reverse, my gear knob wiggles a lot, could be that the gearbox/engine mount or silentblock is broken?

if the gear stick rattles and has alot of play especially in 5th/reverse (quiet when you keep hold of the stick) or 1st/2nd gear is notchy to select, the gear selector linkage bushes near the gearbox could be worn loose

k550i-568-jpg.41524

I found a video on youtube, that explains the noise i have. I'm looking at videos of how a bad inner cv joint sound like, and i ended up with this, but i'm still confused...

OK, So i've been at the garage, we lifted the car, in 2nd gear and the sounds comes from the gearbox itself. Thanks all for the comments :)

wrinkly: Got a LHD K11, My gf is ok, I got the problem! :p need to lose at least 30kg...:D

Back