Grinding noise and Breaks

Recently I started having this low noise coming from the wheels as I drove, I thought it might be tires or wheels so I pumped them up and tightened the nuts but nothing changed. Then a few days later now the Micra makes a grinding noise every time I break. It sounds like it needs new break pads.

My only worry is every now and then when I was just cruising I heard a noise coming from the car, my friend said it could be a bearing. Is it possible that there's a separate issue with the car or would it just be the same issue with the breaks that's causing the noise.

The car has about 30k miles and as far as I know its never had break pads changed. Its K11c 2001 1l. For the record I have stopped driving it and will probably bring it to the mechanic anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It has done 30000 miles on the same pads what did you expect?99% brake pads..maybe even have a look if the car has more than 60000 miles most likely the discs will also need to be replaced..

If there's a noise while moving it may be the bearings.
Change your discs and pads, see if the noise goes away.
If not you can check which side (if not both) by jacking up and free spinning the wheel, listening out for the slight rumbling sound ^_^

When you change your brakes make sure to take it easy for a couple hundred miles, same as new tyres you should break them in a bit before slamming your brakes on too much ;)

If there's a noise while moving it may be the bearings.
Change your discs and pads, see if the noise goes away.
If not you can check which side (if not both) by jacking up and free spinning the wheel, listening out for the slight rumbling sound ^_^

When you change your brakes make sure to take it easy for a couple hundred miles, same as new tyres you should break them in a bit before slamming your brakes on too much ;)
Ya im going to change breaks anyway, the noise is coming from 1 wheel and it sounds like the pad is rubbing off the disk badly.

It has done 30000 miles on the same pads what did you expect?99% brake pads..maybe even have a look if the car has more than 60000 miles most likely the discs will also need to be replaced..
I took the wheels off and the disks do look a bit worn especially the one with the noise dosent feel falt when i rub my finger up it, so ill just replace all breaks and see how it goes.

Back