Knocking noise

Hey!
So i have had this knocking problem for about 2 weeks now. When i accelerate or brake i hear a loud knocking noise from the left front wheel i also hear the sound when i drive on uneven surface.
Yesterday the noise was going crazy it started to knock when i drove down a flat road...but now the sound almost disappeared after trying to find the problem and shaking and hammering the suspension and cv joint...
I tried to shake the wheel and all suspension parts whit no success of locating the noise, jumped on the hood hoping for the struts to knock, checked all engine mounts and the battery also didn't find any leaks.
So i am really out of ideas i would appreciate any ideas the car is a k10 1989 1.2slx
Thanks!

As crazy as it sounds the door seems to be the source when i open the door the knocking stops. Got to take a look at it after i fixed my bigger problem clutch started slipp yesterday..

hi challengedude,

I got same symptom that you experienced.
It sounded like the engine mounting as the previous owner says that it need to fabricate.
Could that be the root cause?
Mine is K10 Superturbo MA09

Worn engine mounts can make nasty noises but you would feel a powerful shake at idle. You can also shake the mounts by hand and see if the mounting is loose.

Back