• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

1.3 Si project

i had to reshape the open ends where they got a little bashed in transit, made them round again, then gave it a clean up with emery and fitted a treat.

Exhaust clamps to join the pipes together,2 inch/54mm I expect & the bolts & springs kit.Look for your local motor factors Euro car parts type place.& a bit of exhaust paste/gun gum for the joints.Shame they don't fish you in for the a fixing kit when you order the exhaust!
Have fun under there :)

Cheers mate. Are the bolts and springs universal? Not sure what sizes etc im looking for. Want to get it done this weekend and we dont have any huge csr part places round here that im aware of, would popping to nissan be my best bet?

Cheers

Cheers mate. Are the bolts and springs universal? Not sure what sizes etc im looking for. Want to get it done this weekend and we dont have any huge csr part places round here that im aware of, would popping to nissan be my best bet?

Cheers
yeah if u have a nissan garage near you pop in there probs be alittle more money but you no for sure they will be right :) just give them you cars REG and what you want n they should have the parts

nissan will know or parts dealers if u give them the reg all u need is a 14mm socket and bar/rachet :) if you can hang on till tomooro ill be ordering mine when i get to work .. so ill post it on here tht night wht size they are

Went to Nissan and the bloke at the parts counter was just a patronising nob. I wasn't 100% sure on what i wanted so i expected him, working for Nissan to know what i was on about. Tried explaining its before the first cat. Then he's all like 'you only have 1 cat on a car'. Well ive been told there's 2 on the old micra you nob. Anyway he didnt have the bolts in stock and ive heard theyre £12 from Nissan. Went to some other place and ended up getting the spring bolts, 2 exhaust clamps and some exhaust paste all for £6, and they complimented me on my car, win!

The 'cups' from the spring bolts dont fit in the hole on the flange so probably have to file it back a bit.

anyway sorry for the hijack haha

Went to Nissan and the bloke at the parts counter was just a patronising nob. I wasn't 100% sure on what i wanted so i expected him, working for Nissan to know what i was on about. Tried explaining its before the first cat. Then he's all like 'you only have 1 cat on a car'. Well ive been told there's 2 on the old micra you nob. Anyway he didnt have the bolts in stock and ive heard theyre £12 from Nissan. Went to some other place and ended up getting the spring bolts, 2 exhaust clamps and some exhaust paste all for £6, and they complimented me on my car, win!

The 'cups' from the spring bolts dont fit in the hole on the flange so probably have to file it back a bit.

anyway sorry for the hijack haha
wht a douch bag ... he obv never worked on a micra in his life then haha !! good going on getting it all for 6 tho :) n lol dw been good to get some convo going on here

Ah, the old 'what's your registration number' line.......no other dealer other than Humphris has any clue when it comes to my car. Aside from the shell, there are technically no original parts left in the car :rolleyes:

I finish work early fridays really wanted to crack on with it but my dad went to work when i got in and it's probably best i do it while he's around.
So ill be getting up early to crack on with it also! I wouldn't expect much of a roar though mate ive heard people say its quiet compared to others. Im sort of trying not to expect a lot and hope to be pleasently surprised :p

fitted the exhaust at work today all went well fits like a glove :) !! n sounds amazing !! lovly Rasp ! would deff recomend getting one of these !!!

i like it too because it looks standard so wont draw too much attention .. i hope ;)

SDC11559.jpg

SDC11560.jpg

Well im stuck, my 14mm socket isnt deep enough so imma probably have to bike to b&q and leave my car im the drive om axle stands because its too much effort to take them off and put them on agaim. is it definitely 14mm for all nuts?

14 for the front pipe if u want to separate it from the CAT ull need a 17 as well make sure there 6sided sockets or ull round the bolt heads off

Well 4 hours later ive managed to get one bolt off. The bolts on the back box were just turninng so thought id just try from behimd the cat. got one off but the one nearest the passenger side its just rounding off as if its 1mm smaller and i cant find a 16mm socket anywhere. just going to chop the bastards off soon. ill probably mess that up too though

Well 4 hours later ive managed to get one bolt off. The bolts on the back box were just turninng so thought id just try from behimd the cat. got one off but the one nearest the passenger side its just rounding off as if its 1mm smaller and i cant find a 16mm socket anywhere. just going to chop the bastards off soon. ill probably mess that up too though
mate if ur stugaling just take it to a garage =/ ok ull have to pay a abit but it save u 4 hrs of anger

Gonna have to carry on tomorrow. finally got the middle pipe away from the cat but couldnt get it over the rear axle with the back box so had to take them apart anyway which absolutely killed my shoulder. so got the downpipe to get off and new one to whack on tomorrow. Started her up with the back box and middle pipe off, stupidly loud haha will the video up later

Gonna have to carry on tomorrow. finally got the middle pipe away from the cat but couldnt get it over the rear axle with the back box so had to take them apart anyway which absolutely killed my shoulder. so got the downpipe to get off and new one to whack on tomorrow. Started her up with the back box and middle pipe off, stupidly loud haha will the video up later
fair enough mate well i hope u get her sorted today ! keep me posted lol

Anyways as for my little si i thought it was about time to go low n slow :p i ordered a set of
35mm PI LOWERING SPRINGS And a set of Franks panhard rod bushes :)

578754_10150698178497825_563862824_9386725_1635389295_n-Copy.jpg

Anyways got round to fitting the lowering springs pretty straight forward and easy :) and the panhard rod nuts came off easyily thank god !! .. they where pretty rusty but abit of wirebrushing and de-lock spay never lets ya down ;)

finalfrontwithbumperresize2.jpg

was looking good just hoping it loweres it nicely 35mm drop should sit me just about my 15" wheels with a little room as not to roll the arches

Lowered :p not as low as i was hoping .. but hey ho it will do for now as ive just brough them they can stay in for a year befor ill covert to coilovers .. ;) !! n deck it

385771_10150702025037825_563862824_9398441_1605719333_n.jpg

but now a quick question, does any one have or know any mods or upgrades or tweeks i can do regardless of price tht will give me more power and or torque (EXCEPT TURBO'S !!) i want to keep it N/A

Quick update had to replace my 02 sencor today as i dont think its been working for along time put it on the mot gas tester at work n readings where all over the place .. so tested it to see if it was working and my thoughts where right dead as a door nail lol so £53 later ... and thts trade price !!! :( i go one runs alot better now idles smoothed out and goes better now tht shes fulling right :p

any one know wht its like to put a 1.6 engine from a sunny or primira into a micra ?? just wondering how much work/ custom parts it would take and cost as im thinking about doing it in maby a year or so when my insurace goes down :p

Back