• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

1.3 Si project

quick question i got 35mm lowering springs as you no if i cut 1 coil off how low would she sit ???? and would my standard shock bottom out ?!?!

would be trial and error matey, springs dont conform and will more often than not sit different on different cars of the same model. allthough id have thought 1 complete coil i.e cutting it the next coil down from the original cut, would be around 10-15mm

would be trial and error matey, springs dont conform and will more often than not sit different on different cars of the same model. allthough id have thought 1 complete coil i.e cutting it the next coil down from the original cut, would be around 10-15mm
fair enough, would my shocks handle it or would i need proper shocks ?

This is how the little 1.3 ended up :( !!
SDC11571.jpg

SDC11570.jpg

SDC11573.jpg

:( my poor poor little car =/ i miss it so much ! and the new one i have just doesnt do it for me ...

was expecting worse damage tbh, why dont you swap the engines over
naah i cba anymore this new micra i got is having the old parts of the blue one and nothing else its not worth the money .. and to be fair my love of micras has started to go now after my accident with the little 1.3 .. if it wasnt for tht id still love them n want to modify them =/ but now im just not tht fussed

Now then i no i said id lost the bug for modifying ... but !! ive now got all my old modifications from the 1.3 on my 1L ... and was just wondering if i could get much more outa her .. now with a 1L is a fuel pressure reg any use .. eaither with K&N pannel or an induction kit .. cuz im SOOO bored of the lack of power ! xD ha but dont want to spend much on it .. as ive said

This is how the little 1.3 ended up :( !!
SDC11571.jpg

SDC11570.jpg

SDC11573.jpg

:( my poor poor little car =/ i miss it so much ! and the new one i have just doesnt do it for me ...
looks nasty pal, how you manage to roll it. i push mine hard everywere and its still on 4 wheels :p but gladto see ur back with another micra :p

looks nasty pal, how you manage to roll it. i push mine hard everywere and its still on 4 wheels :p but gladto see ur back with another micra :p
i was going like hell in the night basicly took the roundabout as i allways do .. but the arse end came out .. by the time i had her coming back it was to late n the drivers wheel hit the curb n tht was it .. thought shed do a roll xD .. n put it this way my wheels where 7.5 inches wide with toyo r1's on .. so she could grip alright just one of thoes things :( !!

i was going like hell in the night basicly took the roundabout as i allways do .. but the arse end came out .. by the time i had her coming back it was to late n the drivers wheel hit the curb n tht was it .. thought shed do a roll xD .. n put it this way my wheels where 7.5 inches wide with toyo r1's on .. so she could grip alright just one of thoes things :( !!
ohh right, well now mines 60mm drop theres no front end understear but my wheels are 195/50/r15 so its like a go kart on courners :D

ok guys ive seen a 1.4 Xreg nissan micra i might be getting can u lot tell me anything about them modification wise ?!?!?!

Just keep it rubber side down :)

Rather than try and make it quicker why not look at brakes & handling, springs, ARB's ,damping & do a track day or two get used to how it feels when you push it a bit.

Im not having a pop at your driving but i learnt alot doing just that

I agree with Skinner. Tyres can only help you so much. How your suspension is setup will affect how you car grips

Money is better spent on the handling :)

You'll find you average 50-60 mph at a maximum. Engine is capable. Make the most of it :)

trust me mate ive lernt alot since then not so much of a speed freak now i own a 1.6 ford fiesta zetec S witch is highliy turned and so far so all is well haha just miss the old "go kart"

I agree with Skinner. Tyres can only help you so much. How your suspension is setup will affect how you car grips

Money is better spent on the handling :)

You'll find you average 50-60 mph at a maximum. Engine is capable. Make the most of it :)
Tyres REALLY can only get you so far...

Back