1.3 gsx 1998 faulty headlight

Hi. The nearside headlight has stopped working. Checked bulb, bulb holder/connector & fuse & they are ok. Having researched a bit problem seems common but suggestions of the possible causes as to what is faulty are inconsistent eg, steering column headlight stalk, earthing, fuses or relays. Many seem unclear if in fact there is a relay and if so where it can be found. So before I start dismantling things looking for one if anyone has any knowledge it would be much appreciated.

Also, as an interim measure can I get away with simply wiring the nearside lamp into the bulb holder/connector for the offside one. I note each lamp has a 15 amp fuse but query whether the wiring is thick enough to run both lamps after the offside lamp through the same wire?

Cheers

could be stalk,as i checked turning it very very slowly and one light comes on just before they both do
(i use it as a sort of wink at other drivers,or just leave one on then turn the stork fully if i want both on) registered patented r-reg-sr technique LTD :grinning:

i got a facelift stalk here, get yours off and we can see if the serial numbers match?

and pics up!! to see what your friends like

Back