K11 headlight problem

D

djacarr

Hello, I'm new to the club.

I'm having a problem with the nearside headlight on a 1996 1.3 GX Auto. The main, dip and side lights have all stopped working. I've swapped out the main bulb, made no difference.

I've got a sneaking feeling it's a relay, as shortly before the light packed up I sometimes heard a loud, sometimes intermittent buzzing from somewhere behind the dash when switching the lights on.

I've also pulled the fuse for the nearside h/light. I had to replace that as it was well knackered. It was so corroded it fell apart when I took it out. I've cleaned up the slot in the fuse box and fitted a new one.

Can anyone tell me where the headlight relays are (if there are any), and are they standard automotive relays?

Thanks in advance.

One of the headlight connectors could have a problem, I had a problem where the headlight wouldn't work but the lower driving lamps would staty on.

I had an intermittent connection on one of the spade connectors on the headlight bulb block connector, check to see if any of them look burned out or have signs of getting hot at the terminals.

It may not be exactly the same but I had no headlight and a really annoying buzz from the relays under the steering rack.

have you checked that your getting power to the headlight connector?

if you dont have any power going to the headlight connecter, take the bottom off the the fusebox and see if the wire has snapped off the bottom of the fuse terminals since you said the fuse was corroded the wire might be corroded under the fuse terminals

Low Rider said:
One of the headlight connectors could have a problem, I had a problem where the headlight wouldn't work but the lower driving lamps would staty on.

I had an intermittent connection on one of the spade connectors on the headlight bulb block connector, check to see if any of them look burned out or have signs of getting hot at the terminals.

It may not be exactly the same but I had no headlight and a really annoying buzz from the relays under the steering rack.
This also happened with my first K11, I believe it is a design flaw on the early K11s - It doesn't happen on my SR :)

James said:
This also happened with my first K11, I believe it is a design flaw on the early K11s - It doesn't happen on my SR :)

same here it happened to both of my lights on my old one
but not with my si

the box covering the fuse are diffrent

Back