1.0 lx engine bay

This is currently my engine bay in my 1.0 litre lx k11 and I'm just wondering if anyone has advice on how to scrub it a bit maybe removing things moving things or simply cleaning things up I have a few plans for the engine bay but nothing major

Attachments

• 1441976320562.jpg
    1441976320562.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 203
Gunk engine degreeaser. Rinse off with water. Take off rocker cover. Paint crackle red. Fit Allen bolts in place of rubbish cross heads and use impact gun to remove the rubbish cross heads as they are prone to shear.

And everyone knows when you paint the rocker cover red it adds 5bhp

Ok then thank you :) and I'm going to fit new Ht leads and relocate the battery Into the boot and fit a induction kit to vet rid of the big air box and possibly a new japspeed manifold

You can make your own ht leads for a cheap price in all sorts of colours. Grab some spare ones from a scrappy and copper cored wire from eBay. Try and get a Frankspeed manifold as they look standard and flow well too. Plus much cheaper. Induction kit is unlikely to do much. If it sound you want then just take off the resonator pipe (one with a funny blanked off extension to air box intske) free and sounds good. Have you done the rev limiter removal mod?

Ok then I'll that cheaper and free is always better :)) and I have had a quick look for the frankspeed manifold but seem hard to get hold of and no I didn't realise it had a rev limiter on how do I remove it ??

Leave the paper filter in bud. If I was you stuff 'modifying micra engine' into Google. That's what I did myself and it's taught me loads of information. I opened up about 40 pages of info and sat there reading it. That will give you the basics on budget mods

Back