K11 prefacelift engine (help please!)

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

Im not a regular on the k11 forum so be nice please ;)

My friend has an 'N' reg k11 LX 1.0 micra (i belive its prefacelift? as the grille is seperate to the bonnet.)

The engine is making some horrible clanking noises so we have decided rather than try and fix the existing lump, buy one from another scrapper as in this one its peeing out with oil, gearbox / clutch is pooped, cam chain rattle, no 3rd piston etc... :D

just wondering a few points:

* Does the transplant engine have to be a prefacelift? (as the one i it has a dizzy)

* How hard with the right equipment is it to change the engines?

* How much would i be looking at for a decent transplant engine?

cheers for any help guys ;)

Steve

no, any cg with a dizzy will do steve, and its easy to lift the engine over the lower crossmember (with the f/bumper off), and 1.0,s can be had for £50ish :)

cheers, will just have to hire/buy/make (delete as appropriate) an engine hoist/crane/liftymajig!

cheers

steve

ah cool, i need to replace the g/box aswell but that shouldnt be a problem, are the how are the drive shafts etc... held in?
and is there a guide to this, if not i might do one as im doing it :)

cheers

steve

you may as well jack the car up and pull the engine and g/box (complete) out from underneath then steve, and the shafts are held in with a snag-ring (they pop out with a sharp tap/wedge ) and dont run the engine without shafts in tho :eek:
and pre98 g/box parts only btw

Back