WTD:electric water pump

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Hi all,

I need an electric water pump to be used instead of the regular water pump in the sr20 block, does anyone know the best place to look or have one they might be interesteed in selling?

I know Davies Craig in Australia do them and they're sold through Demon Tweeks in Wales but 170 quid all in is rather more than i was expecting to pay, do they all cost around this much?

I think that might be ur only hope mate, this is the problem i had when i was looking for one. It is the only one i found too!

JK

It's the only option mate, you will also need the controller to get decent performance out of it, and you will also need to disable the mechanical pump. I have a chargecooler pump off a celica gt4, but i'm not sure if it will flow enough. Failing that thre are a lot of electric pumps made for american muscle cars, but I would imagine that they need quite a lot of adapting.

thanks guys, i had a feeling there would be no cheap option around this!! :)

this project will be the death of me! :D

Might have one sorted, hopefully i won't need the controller too but knowing my luck i will in the end, think my guy has already removed the impellers from the internal pump (in block) so that shouldn't impede flow at all.

phew, this project WILL be on the road by June.....it WILL :(

Back