Water pump

CMF_Wanderer1988

» CMF Member
Hi

My water pump sounds like its working yet the window jets arent spraying anything out. I've checked the pipes and theyre all clear so i've bought a new water pump but have no idea on how to get to the pump or how to take it out n put in the new one :/
So i was wondering if someone could explain what i need to do as i'd rather not have to spend £20 on a haynes manual from halfords.

Really appreciate any help :)

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
i had the same problem, the pump motor is working but the turbine bearing is gone. you'll have to either find a similar pump from wreckers etc. or get a whole kit( tank, pump, hoses and connection) and replace whatever is needed. it's pretty easy... But what i did was just switch the rear washer motor with the front one :p

CMF_Wanderer1988

» CMF Member
Hey cheers for that, had a good rummage under the wheel arch and found that its actually a small motor thats gone which goes on the water tank and is used to move the water to the windscreen jets. Any ideas on what it would be called so i can type it in ebay or europarts to find a replacement?

Thanks alot

Daniel

CMF_Wanderer1988

» CMF Member
This is the part i need :/

Attachments

• 54834.jpg
    54834.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 30

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
may be worth flushing the water lines .. clean the water bottle first , and fill it , disconnect the lines from the jets and run some clean water throu them by operating the pump , reconnect them ..

Attachments

• 54888.jpg
    54888.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 42
Back