WTB - Manual Transmission (Gearbox)

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Hey guys,

Did a lot of work on the micra today, but one thing is clear, my gearbox is on its last legs. Sounds like input shaft trouble mainly but cbf to rebuild it when I can just put a 2nd hand one in.

Will consider all offers, however I have seen most around the $100-150 mark so aiming for around there. I'm also in Brisbane, so closer the better! (Will drive though to pick it up within reason).

email me at [email protected]

Cheers,
Matt

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
yeah I saw a few listed that are a bit old, but none have replied to PM's :(

Still driveable for the moment, wheel bearings on the rear are shot as well. 310k, hard to be surprised. What was interesting though was it looks like it was the original suspension we pulled out of the car and it was worn but not farked, springs were pretty bad though!

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
yeah, drives like a champ now! Gearbox aside, car feels stable on the road, and with the new thermostat, the car seems to be idling and reving a little better once up to temp, I think it was stuck in idle up mode since the engine never got hot (thermostat was stuck open).

Those bump stops were exactly the right size too, a tad shorter than the OEM's, although a little loose on the shafts. The boots didn't fit inside the springs though, the old ones were ok to resuse lol

Didn't realise the rears didn't use bump stops so I've got a spare pair for anyone that needs em :p

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
a88 WROTE:

"33driver WROTE:<BR><BR>"hey guys, still need a gearbox, anyone got one I can grab? "</DIV><BR><BR>hey mate got a spare gearbox out off a SLX if u interested.I'm on the southside.<BR>

hey mate,

Can you get in contact with me? WOuld like to find out more Re box, cheers
Matt

CMF_a88

» CMF Member
33driver WROTE:

"a88 WROTE:

"33driver WROTE:

"hey guys, still need a gearbox, anyone got one I can grab? "</div>

hey mate got a spare gearbox out off a SLX if u interested.I'm on the southside.
"</div>

hey mate,

Can you get in contact with me? WOuld like to find out more Re box, cheers

Matt

Hey matt just been away in sydney for a few days will contact u in few days .what's ur contact no,email to [email protected]. Thanks

Back