wiring ice

B

Bennai

just ordered a jbl setup from CAD

just wondering what the best way to run the power cables, cables from headunit to the boot to the amp?

will it invovle ripping up the carpet has anyone got any pics from there installs

Hey, when my bf wired mine up he put the wires from the boot to the front of the car underneath the plastic door trims, didnt take too much hassle! Hope this helps

yea, sorta wot i was after, just i think i have 2 many wires to run in those seals,

and there are issues with interferance from power leads

run the power down the passengers side
and the signal down the drivers side
there is enough room as i have 3 sets of rca`s and a 2g power cable

You shouldnt get any interference from the power cable, its DC after all (AC is what induces noise).

But yes, running the power from the battery, through the bulkhead and down the passanger side is a good idea. Then as already stated, run the RCA's down the drivers side :)

yo, all of my CABLES run down the passenger side. if u lift up the carpet by the door ull see a "white, square, block (i hope lol)" and my cables run through this CASE / box. u can unscrew the panel inside the door and bring the cables up through that, then behind the rear seats to the boot :)

i dont know how to add an image so heres a link from another website that my BOOT INSTALL is on. just scroll up till ya find the right picture

http://www.micra.com.au/community/m...ESSID=eac8f46aaaa0b6401a586f74b853363b#latest

cheers
Napster

my systm arrived today and i started wiring it up ower down the passenger side, rcas down ight 3 sets they do fit yes!

just one last wire now and thats the remote to headunit where does this wire connect to he headunit?? once i have done this my amp is wired up!! but i dont no where it goes any help appreciated!!

You should have a remote wire that comes out the head unit or the ISO block, which connects to the remote socket thing on your amp.

On my wiring, its Blue! Could be the same for you?

Arnold

its going well guys, gonna crac on tomoro just one quiky for those of u with components where did u mount ur crossovers?

well i finished the install, today all wired up and workin, thankfully dint need speakers for the door speakers they just fit!!, its soo loud in there now,

all to do now is secure the amp and neaten the cables in the boot, and get some sound deadening stuff in the doors

Back