ICE question

A

affy

hi, im new to this forum n looking for advice on the best way way of gettin descent bass out of my system. iv got 2000 wreg 3dr micra. i have recently put a ministry of sound mp3/cd 40w x 4 hu. evrything else is standard. iv jus got sum 300w 100rms jbl 6x9 speakers & splx 350 w amp. neither of these have been fitted yet. wat wud b the best way to set it up eg connecting 6x9 to amp or getting sub connecting amp to it & have 6x9 connected to hu?

2nd definately if you're looking for bass.

Get a half decent sub and drive it with the amp, splx would be alright. depends on whether you want quality sound or just some bass rolling about in the cabin :)

Would be best to get a 4 channel amp and then connect you sub and 6by9's to it!

splx amp would be oks but the speakers are poop. and a 4 channel would be better or even gettin 2 amps one for sub and one for 6x9z. but if i was you i would leave the 6x9s and just have the sub and instead get a nice set of speakers for up front

as joe sayed haveing a sub and 6x9's is pointless , got some good components in the front and the sub in the back , and run the front speakers off a amp aswell like you sayed a 4ch bridge 2 chanels use 2 for the front

As above, 4 channel amp. Bridge 2 channels to run a nice sealed subwoofer (12" is a good compromise), then use the 2 spare channels to run some new decent components up front in the car :)

If you already have 6x9's on the shelf and want to keep them, just connect them to the rear speakers outputs of your headunit and fade them out.

Back