Wire on passenger seatbelt

Collecting an engine & transmission tomorrow for a 1.4 (among other things) and have taken out the passenger side seat to fit it all in. Last time I did this I got pulled over for having the seatbelt still in (which doesn't quite add up with what I'd read but whatever) so this time I've removed it. Now as far as I can tell my 2002 k11 doesn't have a passenger side airbag so could someone please tell me what the cable into the seatbelt mechanism is for?

Already disconnected it but a little paranoid the drivers airbag might go off now if I start the car...

Attachments

• IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    930.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    899.3 KB · Views: 227
Collecting an engine & transmission tomorrow for a 1.4 (among other things) and have taken out the passenger side seat to fit it all in. Last time I did this I got pulled over for having the seatbelt still in (which doesn't quite add up with what I'd read but whatever) so this time I've removed it. Now as far as I can tell my 2002 k11 doesn't have a passenger side airbag so could someone please tell me what the cable into the seatbelt mechanism is for?

Already disconnected it but a little paranoid the drivers airbag might go off now if I start the car...
Later models have seatbelt tensioners which come on in a crash, similar to an airbag which pulls the seat belt very tight. Could be that

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Try plugging it back in and see what it says. There's guides on here how to reset them at home though

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Aye already plugged it back in and reset was just wondering if I could reset it with it out as I currently have the passenger seat belt & accompanying plastic strewn all over the back seat. Too late to try now though. Need to be up at 4 to be in Manchester for 9 :confused:

Back