passenger floor wet after rain..... wtf?

CMF_rowstar1

» CMF Member
my last 95 super S had this issue where when it rained heavily, my passenger side floor gets soggy carpet. i thought ok there is something somewhere letting water in, it's finding it's way through whatever and ending up in the passenger floor. but never found the leak.

so now i got my newer 96 super S (this car is in awesome condition) and guess what...it rained all weekend and my passenger floor is wet!!

i cannot believe this.

no windows down nothing.

now the car stinks like a wet dog again....

little help?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Hope in the car with a light/torch and get someone to soak the car with the hose, maybe be the drainage pipe for your sunroof at the foot well? Or the drain is clogged?

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
The plastic trim underneath the wipers/below the windscreen(outside) \ has clips that hold it down sometimes when the clips/pins break they stop sealing properly and water gets in and filters down to the foot wells.

Try pulling that plastic cover off and putting a little bit of sealant there

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
nsm WROTE:

"If you can get your girl to wash your car,your doing well...lol

Nick...

HAHAHA Nice nick, I'd prefer to wash my own car means its done correctly but in that time she is in the kitchen making me a sandwich

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
Happened to me on the drivers side after getting some panel work done.

Was blocked with dust I suspected.

I had them unblock the sun roof drain holes which run a plastic hose inside the pillar to the sills. The old coat hanger and air blast trick.

Then when we ran water down the now unblocked hose we noticed it slowly leaking out of the seam under the sill.

It appear Nissan do not have drain holes in the sills like many other cars, but rather have several places where the metal is not presses together that act like drain holes.

Blased these small gaps with the air gun which blew enough rubbish back out of them for the water to flow again.

I have not had an issue since. However I expect we will all face a sill rust problem in the future with our Super S machines.

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
like what greo says the wiper panels plastic clip holder will let water pass through when the old rubber has perished n drip straight into the fan blower and into the footwell & ECU

check my blog post #32 bout when a monsoon caused a leak into my footwell & briefly shorted out my NATS ecu

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/35251-PollyMobiles-Rebuild

i also bypassed my sunroof drain pipe to goto straight down rather than collect n rust in the closed sills

CMF_solarice

» CMF Member
micra-man WROTE:
It appear Nissan do not have drain holes in the sills like many other cars, but rather have several places where the metal is not presses together that act like drain holes.

However I expect we will all face a sill rust problem in the future with our Super S machines.

Yeah they all drain into the sills.

However the rear drain tubes you can access from behind the rear quarter interior panels, unclip them to gain access. The tubes are long enough to unclip and route out of the car without issues.

The front drain tubes you will have to pull out a bit then drill a hole somewhere, but as most of the water collects at the rear its probably not worth the effort...unless you're already replacing the sills.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I seen all the tubes when i stripped my SuperS wreck, I would recommend rerouting them, then blocking the drainholes and pouring a rust proofing product into your sills, let it slosh around for a coupla days and then open the drainholes up again and drain. messy but it used to work for us after doing rust repairs in sills in the old days, we also used to enlargen the holes or make more of them

Back