Seatbelt/Airbag help needed

Hi
I have a 2002 Micra Tempest which needed a new drivers side seatbelt around 2 years ago. However the person who fitted it did a bit of a bodge job and the airbag warning light has been flashing ever since! (easily solved by strategic placing of black tape over light). This has not failed the MOT in the past years, however this year the MOT says that all lights must be functioning properly etc etc etc. And I have decided to try and tackle the problem as that is the only thing wrong with the car and I'm damned if im letting it go to scrap for something so simple.

SO! I removed the belt and there is the new seatbelt with 2 wires coming from the airbag canister (purple-and-white and a black-and-white) and the original cable coming from the front of the car somewhere with a brown and a green wire. I dont want to connect them in case I connect the wrong one to the wrong one and the airbag goes off or something stupid. Any ideas which cable to connect to which to sort my flashy light once and for all?

Whilst I'm here as well, my gear knob is in tatters and I have tried to replace it with a new one, however when taking the gearknob off theres a large bolt type thing on the top of the gear stick, I have tried turning this but it gets hot and becomes harder and harder to turn. How do I get this off so that I can put a new gearknob on?

Thanks
Dan.

Back