what does the wire going into the seat belt socket do?

Well on my old Triumph Spitfire it was for the seatbelt warning light, so when they're not plugged in a light on the dash would show.

The seat belts have a small electromagnet in them, when you put the belt on you can pull the belts slowly and they will click and become ever so slightly slack. It prevents them from being uncomfortable. When you release the belt from the lock the electromagnet will release and the belt can wind back....

See there is nothing about the ST I don't know ;)

The seat belts have a small electromagnet in them, when you put the belt on you can pull the belts slowly and they will click and become ever so slightly slack. It prevents them from being uncomfortable. When you release the belt from the lock the electromagnet will release and the belt can wind back....

See there is nothing about the ST I don't know ;)

Haha you rock, man!

I am claiming a small victory when i posted those photos of the prototype twin charged ma10 lol I was all like "Ha, found something you hadnt!! Me 1, ed 10,000,000+"

good to know cause mine are rooted the belt is annoying slack and tangled, time to rip it apart...

i did notice that when you hit the button on the seatbelt socket all the above problems went away

making me think something in there is 'holding on'

I actually thought something was wrong with mine too which is why I looked further. I did increase the spring tension on one that had got a bit slack, and that did improve it.

yeah i think i'll do that, the slackness is annoying when you're trying to jam your mobile under the seat belt while its on speaker phone so the cops don't getcha!

Ahh well you'll probably never fix that, as the whole point of the system is to stop it being tight! Your best bet is to just unplug the wire going to the solenoid in the first place.

strange little gadget that one, here's me thinking my seatbelt is broken... you get so used to it fitting snug against your body in most cars

jap gadgetry is half the fun in cars like this

Yes also its great when you know how it works. I would fit the belt, pull it tight then pull it forward to the 'click' then it sits slightly slack. I miss it in my other cars!

Back