Wing Panel Bolt Snapped. Please Help.

Hi guys,
A few weeks ago, I removed both wing panels. On the passenger wing panel, I managed to get all these bolts out but there is one bolt snapped which is on the bottom bit.

I know this is so annoy to me cos it will be hard for me to remove this bolt snapped. I will take a pic tonight or tomorrow.

Does anyone got ideas how to remove this bolt snapped?

Cheers
Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I forget to explain how this bolt snapped.

I used ratchet to take these bolts out. On the last one, I was struggling to remove so I managed to snap this bolt' head. Thread length is stuck in there.

I check with my GX so these sills sr so thin.

But

It's on my super s. :(. These sills are so thick layers with two bolts bits.

It's hard to explain so I will upload pictures tomo.

Thanks guys

those bolts at the bottom of the wings are exposed to all dirt, salts, spray, water, screenwash etc off the tyres and windscreen and are very prone to corrode & seize solid.

once the old broken stud has been removed or drilled out, maybe just zip tie the bottom of the wing to the chassis and never have that issue again

those bolts at the bottom of the wings are exposed to all dirt, salts, spray off the tyres and are very prone to corrode & seize solid.

once the old broken stud has been removed or drilled out, maybe just zip tie the bottom of the wing to the chassis and never have that issue again
yep, i,ve snapped loads of them :) the broken stump is made from very hard (drillbit killing) steel, so i always drill the mild steel flange next to the captive nut, then fit a nut and bolt instead :)

ery2e2es.jpg

u7abynad.jpg

I drilled out the snapped bolt with a 3mm pilot bit then opened it up to 5 or 6mm. Can't remember which. Then put a nut, bolt, and washer in its place. Those bolts are very soft steel and I used cobalt drill bits.

I drilled out the snapped bolt with a 3mm pilot bit then opened it up to 5 or 6mm. Can't remember which. Then put a nut, bolt, and washer in its place. Those bolts are very soft steel and I used cobalt drill bits.

Cobalt drill bits? I didn't know that so I will check it out. I tho I can use metal drill bits. Cobalt drill bits are very good for hard metals. Thanks

You don't particularly need cobalt HSS will do. I was just letting you know what I used. Tbh cobalt are better suited to aluminium really as if you overheat them they become blunt. HSS will do for everyday use, and they're not so temp critical.

Back