Window collapsed - Help please !

Hello all !

First a confession... I don't own a Micra, but my girlfriend does ! Great little car though, and both she and I would like to keep it going as long as possible.
Hence I thought I'd visit this forum as forums have helped me no end with my own car.

Now the problem... the passenger window has fallen down into the door !
Now, I've not had a look at it yet, as I'm busy working 12 hour night shifts this week. I would normally, but I was wanting some help / advice from you chaps / chapesses before her Dad throws it in the garage along with a load of dosh.

So...
1) Any ideas on what might be at fault ?
2) Any ideas how much it might cost to fix (myself / if the garage gets it ?)

Any ideas and advice would be much appreciated. I'll have a good look and play on Mon after I finish my last shift (which means another 24hr period without sleep), as she needs it for work quite urgently.
fwn

Sounds to me like its just come off its runners. Best thing to do is just take the door card off you'll see the window mechanism it will have two little seats for the window to sit in the sealant may have come off just get some any type I used bath sealant and worked fine pop the window back in and you'll be fine.

Same thing happened to mine (passenger window), it had been replaced at some point and not fixed in properly. The window started coming loose when you wound it down. I cleaned off the nylon holders and used Epoxy on it, has been fine since. Make sure you wind it up fully before the epoxy sets.

If it's a hand winder you'll need a small hook to fish out the retaining clip in order to get the handle off. A big paper clip with the end bent over into a V shape should do the trick.

BG

If it's a hand winder you'll need a small hook to fish out the retaining clip in order to get the handle off. A big paper clip with the end bent over into a V shape should do the trick.
BG

i did that with a screwdriver lol and youe ment to push it down :p

well mine snapped again after a week of drying when i used the alderite stuff the epoxy resin so i need to look for tiger seal anyone no where to get some from

Cheers, peeps.
With you're advice to hand I've managed to postpone the Dad throwing money at the garage and permitting me to have a look tomorrow. Fingers crossed...
I'll let you know how I get on.
I'm thinking I'll use some sealant instead of epoxy due to the constant use/movement of the window. My local car place does some good strong stuff.

Not sure yet what you mean about the manual winding handles...
Anyone got some pics or a better description ?
Or will it all become clear when I have a look in a couple of hours ?

there is a little clip that retains the winders on you just have to push it in with a screwdriver (bit fiddly if its the first time you've tried but not overly difficult)

No Haynes manual - as I said, it's my girlfriend's car. I hope not to have to do too much on it, but have already advised her to get one. Maybe I'll pick 1 up later today for her.
So long as it's clear when I look at it ;)

UPDATE !!!
Cheers all... Mission accomplished.
Pulled the car apart with ease, and quickly noticed the cause. Front runner / mount had snapped, nosediving the window into the depths of the door.

(Not as) Quick (as you'd like) trip down to the breakers yard in Pease Pottage, a few disassembled cars later, and I had a new mounting mechanism, which I replaced, again wtih ease.
Only sticky bit would have been the cir-clip on the manual winding handle, had I not been reliably informed by your good selves.

Ta muchly ;)

I used some silicon sealant / adhesive.
Only thing I would have liked to have done which I didn't, was replace some of the sticky stuff used to stick the plastic sheet (beneath the door card) to the door.
Any ideas what that stuff is ?

Back