why i hate halfords

.kiz

Buy & Sell Member
so i went to halfords, popped in and bought an amp wiring kit and an air filter (yes i know :p)
anyway i realised i didnt have a cold air intake, so i go back to halfords and get one.
upon taking everything off, i realise its not fitting for mother earth.
so i take back the air filter and pipe, and i am told i will get a £54.98 refund.
so i wait, and wait...and finally it comes through!
or what i thought, when halfords decides to give me a refund, then take it back from me :S
i have not been charged for the amp kit, but £54.98 for a wiring kit is a bit OTT.
so i go back to halfords and they asked for a bank statement, so i went back again and got one.
they said "because of the time you bought it, it neds 5 working days, check your bank"
"also we will need to see the receipt for refunds you signed, otherwise its difficult"
GOD DAMN IT! what else do they need? they took down my name, d.o.b, address, how many windows i have in my house e.t.c and still no prevail, so im mighty annoyed!
so i need o now chase them up over a cock-up they made!
moral of the story is....wait for a better filter
(although with that one, you may need to send it back as you could get delivered the wrong one :p )

I presume you went back to the same place on the same day?
If so how come they couldn't remember you, i can't see it was that busy as to forget what's been sold and to whom....o_O

You'd be surprised how easy it is to forget people..

I've sold bikes and when they come to collect an hour later i have to take their receipt to remind myself which bike it is!

its all to do with the new computer system.....plus..... if you cannot prove who you are, then mistakes other than the one that had occured could happen... like paying you too much or refunding you intead of selling. its complicated. but its all there to safeguard the 17 year old brunette jailbait college chicks we used to have on the tills when i worked there...lol

If you think about it, people who work in retail get it bad so if you make them feel better by making out that they,ve done a brilliant job getting what you wanted then they'll remember you more easily, guaranteed. (Y)

i remember lord someone or other in a jag, he put £20 in my top pocket as a tip....he spent just £4 on number plate screws..lol

If you think about it, people who work in retail get it bad so if you make them feel better by making out that they,ve done a brilliant job getting what you wanted then they'll remember you more easily, guaranteed. (Y)

i tend to remeber the customers that come shouting about something thats got nothing to do with me, more than the friendly ones.

i remember lord someone or other in a jag, he put £20 in my top pocket as a tip....he spent just £4 on number plate screws..lol

i bet he walked out with a lot more than that lol,i remember a couple of years ago in halfords when the tom tom go 300 first came out ..i walked in and asked for someone who knew about satnavs next thing i knew he was sellin me that very sat nav for 50 quid brand new at the back of the shop , funnie tho never seen him again in there lol wanted some alloys off him ah well lol

When I went to halfords to get an exhaust tip they didn't have any in stock but offered me the display one without a box and wouldn't even give me a discount. I can't take it back now because I've cut into it and welded it to my Cherry Bomb exhaust, lol. (Sorry Olly98 still not fitted, lol.)

i rememer polite and nice customers, our store tends to attract all the ignorant and alot of other sware words customers.

nick.

They do just hire young girls for the tills at every store then!

*giggles to himself and hopes Cat doesn't read the MSC anymore* Halfords till girls, lol many a happy hour stood a chatting (and the rest) to the girls on the till...

James don't you dare mention this to you know who :p

Most of our staff spend their time at the till.

Is it bad we made a code to call over the tannoy when a hot customers walks in?

It's funny when every guy in the store runs downstairs though :laugh:

Hehe, *giggles like a little girl* Yes I was rather ennamered of the till girls when I worked at the Barnsley store, didn't flirt with Laura at the Leeds store because I worked with her bf :D

Went into one of my old stores the other day and found myself talking to the girl on the till, completely honourably of course!

aaah laura....... famous even in grimsby...lol

but the barnsley lasses are great..lol. its on the top of a hill isnt it?...strange way of locking the front doors with the shutter on the inside?..lol i merchandised that store for the managing directors visit..lol

anyway.
the reason we didnt give discount on "display items" is cos....we didnt have display items. its a retail store.. everything on display is for sale. we didnt have a large range of display stock and a warehouse full of boxed items.. what you see is what you buy.

i miss the place...... and as every store now has CCTV, (whether you know it or not) the guy that flogged you the sat nav out of the warehouse was probbebly wathed and disiplined for being a total waste of human organs.

my mate who works in Trowbridge halfords has told us all the scams and all the camera blind spots. u can nick pretty much any tools :p

i wouldnt recommend it though. stealing of anysort is wrong. regardless of whom its from.

i cant even believe you posted that on an international website...

i didn't say i nicked anything duh. i've never stolen anything in my life! I was just saying he told the whole college how to!

Back