why do people hate on micras?

they hate on the micra until theyve sat in the passenger or drivers seat (whilst moving) as the moto goes "do not underestimate what you will never understand"

yeah id definatly agree with both of you on that one people take the mick but at least our badge dosent stand 4 Fixed Or Repaired Daily FORD for those who dont getit:laugh:

It's beacuse 90% of people think old people and learners are the only ones that drive them. Their loss...

I get upto 45mpg on motorway and it cost me almost nothing as do most k11's these days and they never fail.

I posted on an lpg forum about lpg'ing my micra and they said its not worth it economically even when I said I would be doing 500 miles a week lol, they are just being ignorant. I did the math and I would be saving £700 in 1 year after the savings pay for the conversion (d.i.y) so really I would be sayign £1300 in one year on petrol.

I like my micra and don't mind it on long journeys becasue it's so reliable and cheap to run.

rant over lol.

I do like my micra but i'm young (nearly 20) alot of my mates say they are #### as they are driving round in polo's and punto's etc.

Why do people hate micras?

because they are more reliable and fuel efficient than what ever the person who says it is driving

I do like my micra but i'm young (nearly 20) alot of my mates say they are #### as they are driving round in polo's and punto's etc.

Tell your mates I have crashed micra, polos and puntos all in similar ways and the micra is by far the best car to crash, the body barely deforms and because it's so light it bounces off things better

I think some may need to break loose from this blind devotion and accept the Micra not just for it's pros, but for it's cons also.

Tell your mates I have crashed micra, polos and puntos all in similar ways and the micra is by far the best car to crash, the body barely deforms and because it's so light it bounces off things better

totally agree there, not that i have crashed mine but i have seen k11's and k10's crash :D

cheers

steve

because kids think saxos and 106's corsa's etc are the best cars to have....so they rip into the odd person out in the group. preff the one with the micra lol.

k11's imo are more resposive to light tuning than 106's and saxos etc..

Yeah but even the lightest tuning parts are really expensive, and you get such a good improvement cos there's so much improvement to be done. Handling is the biggest issue, but easily fixed with some springs and a strut brace

Personally I love my Micra, people at work who drive fiesta's corsa's etc hate it as a granny car with a bad image, well I admit it isnt the best looking cars but Its ace to drive and maybe I will be upgrading mine even more instead of buying a new car as theres life in the old micra yet.

Hyundai is right a little.

Though I honestly can't think of a car I'd rather have (realistically).

There's plenty that can be done cheap, if you're prepared to do it and have the skills to do it. It's all a social thing, but Micra's like any other car aren't perfect.

They may be reliable, and they're only responsive to mild tuning because the original designs are so restrictive. Major problem with K11s is rust.

I didn't think the rust was so bad on micras, but I'm an ex-Ford owner, you havent seen rust til you've owned a fiesta or 2

every one hates because i have one lol its just jealousy and because not many people do them up apart from us as there isnt much off the shelf parts liek corsas saxo`s 106`s etc

My P reg has got literally no rust. My Dad said he is so suprised it hasn't rusted yet because most k11's do.

Sills rust from the inside out. so by the time you see them, it's too late.

I think one of the main reasons is the reputation, the only people whoseem to hate them are the people more interested on driving a car to impress.

There are some crazy Novas, Saxos, Corsas etc just like some of the crazy Micras, however there are some real tips aswell.

Just drive what you like, and let others do the same.

I'd better get the waxoyl out on mine then.

and when I feel like driving slowly I can get away with it because people expect Micras to be going slowly anyway :laugh:

end of the day its the same as the xbox vs ps3 arguement mines better than yours as I dont think anyone would admit to be having a crap console etc. Its all opinions. If it makes you happy why care what anyone else thinks?

Most of the people here had got a Micra for their first car; so there is going to be some sort of biased devotion towards them. Our interests in the Micra does not differ from someone liking a Corsa. If they were first introduced to this specific car, they're bound to love it. After all, it's your first car, no one cares what kind of piece of #### it is.. because it's your car.

Worry less about what other people think, cars comes in so many preferences. If you want to stay devoted to Nissan or generally all Japanese cars, go ahead. But let's not keep #####ing about someone who's in to Vauxhall.. or Fords.. or whatever. Sooner or later we are going to realize that we're becoming the judgmental people we "seem" to hate.

Its a utilitarian jap car therefore it is much favoured by the elderly and/or ethnic minority communities who are wise, as a pose to being impressionable, which is a good way to describe most people on the roads today. Not to sound hypocritical either, im just lucky i had a micra as a first car. :D

People seem to hate on the cutesy look of the k12 but it’s reliable, the odd consumable repair is manageable, mpg is good and proper saved me in a nasty rear end collision so who has the last laugh here.

People seem to hate on the cutesy look of the k12 but it’s reliable, the odd consumable repair is manageable, mpg is good and proper saved me in a nasty rear end collision so who has the last laugh here.
For me personally the k12 was a massive change from the shape of the k11 when it came in and I am still not fussed on them but as you say they're cheap. Reliable and good on fuel....
The essence of the original micra.

Having said that they drive great stop and corner well and are comfortable I have driven the 2 my gf had and as much as I wouldn't have one. They are a canny car

I do like the k13 shape as I see it as very much k11 shaped. Have not driven one though.

K14.... not driven one. And to me they are too big to wear the micra badge but each to they're own

Sent from my SM-F926B using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Back