Why oh why?

why do people on cruise forums insist on taking the mikey out of you for turbo charging your micra, i mean i stated the power gains and the wieght of the car and all they can say is that its pointless for such a small power gain and for such a Edited car!

i hate these people!

If you signed up saying your doing it to your punto or something, they'd probably say it's great. The fact is, its a Micra. They're too narrow minded to see past the name, either that or they're too thick to know what a turbo is.

At the end of the day, your modifying your car for yourself. Just ignore sites like that!

let them think that.....you will be the one laughing when you out accelarate them :p also it will be even better when you get the 1.3 in there.

its mainly jelousey.....only cause they dont have engough money to do this to there car.
also as alan says..... the facts its a micra, they dont really see them as a powerful sporty car, its mainly because nissan never realsed a sport boy racery model i.e the corsa had the gsi etc but the micra had???? 1.3 super s etc? its not very sporty oppose to them as micras were never really aimmed at the young market mainy the old people market ;)

sounds like your cruise club sucks tbh, i joined a local cruise club and they love both my white micra and my red one

why do people on cruise forums insist on taking the mikey out of you for turbo charging your micra, i mean i stated the power gains and the wieght of the car and all they can say is that its pointless for such a small power gain and for such a Edited car!

i hate these people!

most of the time it's easier to say nothing and just show them

Mate I still get stick all the time, but the words are soon retracted after I pass them.

Best just to ignore the comments and let the car do the talking!

Fordy spot on, they sound like a really welcoming community.....

you should get a sticker in the back window that says 'you have just been overtaken by a micra, how's it feel biatch' lols.

i had a bumper sticker once that said..

"you have just been over taken by the slowest car on earth....... hows that make you feel ?? and do you realy think i give a damn?"

loving the sticker ideas!!! What cruise club was this btw? We could get some other turbo charged Micra owners to join!! LOL

but yeah as eveyone else says, it's the name!! They're afraid that if they use their own imagination and say it's cool then they'll be uncool to everyone else that they class as mates!! Your Micra is a sleeper! Just invest in a video camera to tape their faces when u thrash them at Santa pod!

Before I got the golf I would have agreed with you, however after now having something different, for the amount it would cost to get a k11 turboed you could buy a newer, safer and more refined car with similar sorts of power. I will probably get slated for saying that but in my opinion its true. Its so much money to throw at a car to get the kind of power you could buy a new car for now anyway. However I do respect you for doing something different and little bandit is a fine example of this. If you have the money to do it then fair enough, otherwise personally I'd save the money and get a newer car from my experience, however cool a micra turbo would be.

From owning Kev's old K10, im surprised you came out with that statement! To own one of the most unique K10's probably in the world, to getting a car which thousands of others have. The number of people that looked at Nis's K11 Turbo at Donny is a prime example of how surprised and interested people are to see a project like this completed, but would a golf turbo turn as many heads? I doubt it would get a second glance! I hope you know what im getting at, i do like your car before you take that the wrong way :)

Yeah I totally understand but all I'm saying, (who knows maybe it was due to the outcome with my car) is that there's so much that can go wrong with taking cars to the extreme, which costs alot of time and money. I guess my views have changed with what has happened with my old car maybe, and now I wouldn't do anything quite as extreme, partially cos I don't like big kits anymore. Like I said I respect it when people do different things, and I love Nis's car, but I can also see it from others' point of view when they say it is a waste of money. An extra £400 would see my car at about 200BHP+ with no worries about it all going tits up. However I wouldn't slag anybody off for doing it, being unique is what modifying is all about. :)

And also at the end of the day my old car was a 15 year old micra, however different it looked.

i have to say i agree with micra man.

i had the cash saved for a high spec turbo conversion, but bought a yaris t-sport, its something i don't regret for a second.

i couldn't imagine spending 6k+ on a k11 now. even though it would have been quicker than the yaris.

especially not if it was my day - to - day car.

A specific forum like MSC or a Fiat punto forum, that only deals with a single car makes etc……they are all going to be more pleased, excited, behind someone doing a mod to a car they have. As we all are here about turbos on a micra and are 90% behind guys that do have the money and guts to push there 1.0L / 1.3L or 1.4L 16v engine to the max to prove something

A vast cruise site with people on there with celica gt4’s, saxo’s, clio 182’s etc with cars pushing out 300bhp and above and others (pug 106s) that are highly modified externally because there are so many more body kits available out there…….

When they see a MICRA….with a turbo…that doesn’t mean anything to them….they still see an old slow car compared to there VTS or what ever car they own…which is really annoying.

So as said….just show them hey Jason :grinning:

sorry

I understand what DAN is saying.. and I totally agree..

Its NOT with spending 8+grand on such an old car..

If you can do the majority of the work yourself and greatly reduce the costs then its worth it..

If not, its not worth it..

Personally with my two cars that most of you have seen, The 2k and countless hours ive spent buying and then transforming the turbo micra has been totally worth it, just for the sheer Acceleration of the thing..

I couldn't quantify the hours ive spent working on it with a figure in Pounds.. But I enjoy it, and learn from it, so therefore I dont take it as a COST.

MY 2.0 project has cost me a little more than that now, but with it going to be one of the most modified micras in existance I think it will be worth it also..

Does anyone see the point im trying to make ?... Or am I just trying to convince MYSELF ive not wasted my money! lol

i occasionally total up what ive spent and its a little bit more than intended...though ive bought other things that i wasnt originally (arch kit for example), not sure what the overall opinion will be to the finished product...but as ive gotten responses like "that'll be quick" or "supercharging! :eek:" aswell as the expressions (those i like the most).

in the end i went ahead, because i know for a fact id of always wondered what it would have been like if id gone through with it...plus i couldnt think of another car i wanted.

Fair enough it may not have been the wisest finacial investment, but then thats not what i was intending...as ive done virtually everything myself in my spare time and searched around for cheap parts ive also saved a large chunk of cash that would of otherwise been handed over to bodyshops and the like.

in short...why not tune a micra?

I understand what DAN is saying.. and I totally agree..

Its NOT with spending 8+grand on such an old car..

If you can do the majority of the work yourself and greatly reduce the costs then its worth it..

If not, its not worth it..

Personally with my two cars that most of you have seen, The 2k and countless hours ive spent buying and then transforming the turbo micra has been totally worth it, just for the sheer Acceleration of the thing..

I couldn't quantify the hours ive spent working on it with a figure in Pounds.. But I enjoy it, and learn from it, so therefore I dont take it as a COST.

MY 2.0 project has cost me a little more than that now, but with it going to be one of the most modified micras in existance I think it will be worth it also..

Does anyone see the point im trying to make ?... Or am I just trying to convince MYSELF ive not wasted my money! lol

I agree with you, its kool turbo-ing a micra. But i think it would be better to stick a bigger lump from a primera, pulsar, s13 ect in than turboing a small engine. a 2.0 s13 engine is probably quicker too, and if you can source a cheap engine, it could be cheaper than turbo-ing.

in short...why not tune a micra?
Here here, I totally agree. Why not!

For me tho I have spend an obscene amount of money on my Micra way way way more than I should have done, but that was all part of a learning curve and if I hadn’t spend it on the Micra I would have wasted it on something else, drink springs to mind. The Micra for me was a hobby and hobbies cost money, so what if it was a micra it could have been any car. I just liked it because it was different.

I do agree with what micra man has said tho, I can see his point, but at the end of the day it depends what you want.

I personally decided it was time to sell up and buy something different which again is not a sensible idea as I live in London and don’t need a car at all lol. But, I like driving and I wanted it so I got it. (DC5 Honda Integra type R) you only live once so what the hell.

My 2p

yes lol! but worth every penny just look at it *drool* and you havent been in it yet haha its SO good, just have to pick it up now

Attachments

• DSC00103.JPG
    DSC00103.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC00104.JPG
    DSC00104.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 166
I'd personally like a turbo'd Micra (1.0 or 1.3, whichever) to show up all the chavvy drivers with their stupid phat bodykits! :grinning:

I agree with Ems though, people associate the Micra with old people (unfortunately) when they are actually more nippier and much better engineered than Corsas and the like. For example, the Corsas usually more often than not have an 8v engine, while all Micras were given 16v engines! Its all in the name and stereotype, and people can't see past that idea usually and in the end they claim Micras are rubbish etc!

Whether people decide to save up to turbo their Micra or buy a faster car, it's up to them in the end.
Personally, I wont be modifying my 1.0l's engine, I'll wait and get a 1.3 Super S or SR :), but hey, thats my opinion!

nice car that Davey C :)

agree again, lol...i for one have on occasion gone, mmm i could of bought *insert car here* for what ive about spent. But then (ignoring imports) id have a standard car again, which id then begin saving up money to modify...which btw is what i'll be doing anyway once im finished building the micra lol...

MicraFish said:
Personally, I wont be modifying my 1.0l's engine, I'll wait and get a 1.3 Super S or SR :), but hey, thats my opinion!
That's exactly what I did and I was glad I did, although then I wanted to turbo that! ;) lol

At the end of the day, this discussion will go round in circles until the end of time as it's all down to personal experience, the only problem is, most people's opinions of Micras tends to be a negative one. But that's why we're here to change that! :cool:

James.

but to change that though, we need to have strong attendances from the club members with tuned or modified cars. Too many of us, inc me, that go on the stand have done subtle mods. We need to stand out more and do what other car clubs are doing, modding and tuning to the limits, AND ATTENDING SHOWS, to prove it!

but to change that though, we need to have strong attendances from the club members with tuned or modified cars. Too many of us, inc me, that go on the stand have done subtle mods. We need to stand out more and do what other car clubs are doing, modding and tuning to the limits, AND ATTENDING SHOWS, to prove it!

egherm, jae anyone?..lol

dave bull.... nis and nex should make a good start

just buy a daily driver, good looking and wuick car ....... 200sx s14a

and a fun project to keep you busy and spend a little of your money on ... 1.6 micra (and winter driver)

sorted :)

i am going to get a second car but as my insurance is steep i will get a standard 1.3 k11 (yes a 1.3) as my daily driver and the turbo can sit in the workshop ready for shows e.t.c

Back