!!!!!! Why change the layout!!!!!! :@

Why have they changed the forum! the way the layout and everything was before it was well better and simple!
But now they've ruined it! i seriously kind of find it confusing to use! plus when i go on blogs there only seems to be one there!!!! where are the rest? Why did they even bother change this forum like this?!!!!
It was 100% well better before! Please I want then to change it back to the way it was!

lol but Frank the old one was well better and well simple! and coz of the way it is now i can't even see peoples blogs no more! its like there's only 1 there and no more! i used to learn alot from them blogs and stuff! and now they've ruined the whole thing!!!! ain't there a way of getting the old one back? it was really simple! and i'm really crap at using computers and stuff to lol

lol but Frank the old one was well better and well simple! and coz of the way it is now i can't even see peoples blogs no more! its like there's only 1 there and no more! i used to learn alot from them blogs and stuff! and now they've ruined the whole thing!!!! ain't there a way of getting the old one back? it was really simple! and i'm really crap at using computers and stuff to lol

hit the "forum" tab, the blogs are still there mate :grinning:

its just getting used to it, like when people "hate the playstation controller cuz they have an xbox, give it a few weeks mate. :D

yeah you'll get use to it and the blogs are being moved to the 'blog' section in the future i think (Y) looks much smarter in my eyes!

The site/forum is MUCH better! Looks better in Blue so change your colour scheme if you haven't

I prefered the auld site, this is the same as some other forums...trying to like it...but just can't...bland, boring and fiddly :-( But it's the content that counts eh!!

The only issue I have is some peoples posts show up as a certain width (half a screen) and others as a full screen width. It takes some getting used to but once you learn your way around it's easy. Out of all the forums I visit (a lot!) this is the best layout. Good work guys!

I'll get used to it, but i did like the old forum more...i don't dislike the new look...don't love it either though
And where's the arcade?!?! I wasted lots of my life in there...now when i have a bout of skiveritis at work i have to look elsewhere for entertainment

All opinions in, 9 out of 10 cats love it so job well done overall!!

this is just ridiculous! i completely hate what they've done! hope they do change it back to way it used to be!! and when you click on blogs only one appears!! where are the rest? this forum just looks like any other forum which is gay! lol i'm just ####ed off for what they've done!!!

this is just ridiculous! i completely hate what they've done! hope they do change it back to way it used to be!! and when you click on blogs only one appears!! where are the rest? this forum just looks like any other forum which is gay! lol i'm just ####ed off for what they've done!!!

Get over it, things update flaws are discovered, fixes have to be done and new technologies implemented. Just like jump from win 98 to XP to Vista/Win7. I would probably be more compassionate towards you if you were a paid member, but your not. If there is a real problem with the layout, we will get it fixed, but have patience and stop winging. People are trying to help you, give them a chance and listen to what they have to say.

To everyone else, Sorry if this appears a bit harsh but a lot of work is going on behind the scenes for future developments, and threads like this are totally unreasonable, when there is so little willingness and patience to explore the new system.

i actually like the new layout =D just to be different haha :p the only problem, well little niggle is, i cant seem to work out where the *see all my posts* button is. ya know in the last one ya went into stats, and then clicked the see total posts made by this user or what ever it was called.

other than that it is awesome =D great work

Like Ed said, give it a chance and stop moaning.

if you come on here often you will have seen the post that James made about the upgrade going ahead and that some features are not avaliable yet due to the upgrade not been released.

If your calling this site 'gay' you clearly dont appriciate the help people give you.

Grow up.

*lucasmax - if you use the 'Whats new?' link along the top bar if shows you the latest threads etc *

i like the new forum :p the old one was good, loaded fast etc etc, but the new one feels more 'solid' if you get what i mean?? lol

and the blue scheme is very pleasing to the eye :) top job fellas!

*paddy* yea a know that one a found out last night how to do it so its all good really =] but i do agree that people should stop moaning =D

Thread moved to the appropriate section. Sorry to hear you don't like the new layout, but there is no going back, we've upgraded the software from 3.8 to 4.0 and they use completely different templating systems so the old style wouldn't have even been able to be used here.

We are aware of some bugs, such as Google ads for paying members and the half width posts as ollyc posted up, but we are working to resolve these.

Constructive criticism helps so much more than "I hate it! What have you done?!?!?!", if you have genuine suggestions I'm happy to listen to them.

Regards,
James.

This new forum / website has only been live a matter of days.

There is only so much testing we could have done before it went live and with all things like this it takes time to sort out any niggles here and there.

The new site / forum IS much much better then before and when we have all the content restored and the layouts sorted it will be worth this small disruption to your MSC experience!

The arcade and all other features will return in time as well.

Kev

Get over it, things update flaws are discovered, fixes have to be done and new technologies implemented. Just like jump from win 98 to XP to Vista/Win7. I would probably be more compassionate towards you if you were a paid member, but your not. If there is a real problem with the layout, we will get it fixed, but have patience and stop winging. People are trying to help you, give them a chance and listen to what they have to say.

To everyone else, Sorry if this appears a bit harsh but a lot of work is going on behind the scenes for future developments, and threads like this are totally unreasonable, when there is so little willingness and patience to explore the new system.

agree with that 100% ^

agree with that 100% ^

+1 again, to he honest i like the new layout, i like the new features to this, im sure a lot of time has gone into making the new forum and tranferring over everything. So i would like to say well done and thanks :)

dont know if your doing it but id prefer if that when you have viewed a thread that the title isnt bold anymore so that you know its not been updated since you last viewed. its the little things that count eh? ;)

Like stani above, also the only thing im strugling with is in the new posts, previously you would still have the list of posts that have not been updated since the last visit that one might want to scroll though again, but now it only seems to display updated posts when you refresh? Not a problem just set in me ways lol. Brillo update wouldnt go back anyways nice one chaps. (Y)

Back