Whiteline Roll bar problems

Hi all,

I have recently bought some 22mm whiteline rolls bars front and back, after installing today found that the roll bars are catching on the body both front and rear. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

I should stress the car has been lowered by 30mm so I am aware this could be the cause however you would have thought they would have designed the heavy duty rollbars with it in mind that you are going to make other suspension changes. If I am the first to experience this problem I hope this serves as a word of warning for anyone thinking of uprating theirs because they arent chuffing cheap either haha.

Kindest regards

Kyle K11 1.0

where is it catching? pic would help too.
I have whiteline fronts and normal whiteline rears and lowered 50mm no prob.

the threaded rod linking the front bar to the wishbone tends to rust seized so mine are replaced with a simple threaded bar, standard rubber gromets, and can tighten the nuts to alter how far away/close the bar ends are to the arms which affect the bars resting angle.

the rear bar has no lateral support to keep it centered to the axle so they tend to skew along sideways during operation until the bar ends touch/knock against the exhaust or trailing arms.
I jubilee clipped a bit of tubing onto the bars beside each mount it stop it sliding sideways

448.jpg

Back