whiteline anti roll bar knocking

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
hello

recently fiitted whiteline anti roll bars to the front and back,but the front is knocking on the drivers side susp arm. We've pulled the bar across,slackened the link bar. Even took an angle grinder to the lip of the susp arm,and it still knocks!

Any suggestions on resolving this?

You mean catching? have you got the drop links set up correctly, you need to get the bar as high up on the links as possible.

superls

K10 Tuner
this happened on my k10 when i fitted a k11 front roll bar, but the other way round it was knocking against the chassis, i rectified it by taking some of the rubber bushes off of the links, as 1275 sounds like you need to add some more in to lift it nice and high out of the way.

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
The Passenger side i can get my finger inbetween the ARB and the Susp arm. The Driver side i can get half a finger nail inbetween them.

It only knocks when i pull away (2/3 times) and sometimes when im cornering. Will get a photo tomorrow on my day off

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Me and Matt had another play about with it,added an extra washer on the O/S and it still knocks. We even pulled the bar across to the O/S and tightened it up. Took it for a drive and the bar moved back over.

At the moment we've put a piece of foam inbetween the ARB and Susp Arm,but even then it still knocks :(

The bar feels like its moving up & down,aswell as side to side...

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
hmm get me a pic of how it is attatched to the wishbones and to the car if you can as thats strange as mine doesnt knock at all

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Do you have the old bar and bushes still? try changing back and see if you still have the problem I say.

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
As the exhaust has been played about with so much,we think its the exhaust knocking on the ARB. We're gonna have a better look sometime next week